Acoustic Guitar Photos
Thanks for the welcome! I'm excited to get it, but man it was rough getting it. I originally bought a e10om (also off reverb), but when I got the guitar the neck looked like it had a bad crack halfway through the 2nd fret. I was bummed because I liked the feel and sound of the guitar.  I asked the seller about it and he said he never noticed it before. Long story short he gave me a refund and paid to have it shipped back to him.  A couple of days later I found this one for $600 shipped. I wish I could have tried it out beforehand but I try to always shopped used for budget reasons (4 young sons in the house), and the used selection in my area doesn't have a lot of Eastmans. I've wanted an om for a long time (huge Paul Simon fan) and this seemed like a perfect fit for my tastes and budget.
Hey GL - welcome to the forum!  Thanks for sharing .. The E6OM is a great guitar, it is also the most recent Eastman I have acquired - I love mine.  You made a great choice!  By the way - I understand the budget thing, I have four young kids in the house myself!  Eastman makes quality acoustics for a great price.
Best playing/sounding guitar I've ever owned.
Eastman AC615.

[Image: iBYkOEE.jpg]
nobodeuno likes this post
(09-21-2017, 02:57 PM)Pura Vida Wrote: Eastman OM twinsies:
[Image: 6H25QV5h.jpg]

E20OM-SB and E40OM rosewood backs:
[Image: WFbTI8th.jpg]

Both of these guitars just turned 1yo:  E40OM in April, E20OM-SB in May.  Still definitely same, but different.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
Brian - the back of your E40 --- wow.  Look at that wood grain.  Looks fantastic.
Thanks, Tim!  I like that both of them are so different.  The back of the 40 is striking and classic EIR, while the the 20 has this darker, super-narrow grain, which is reminiscent of Madagascar Rosewood.  It's almost impossible to capture it accurately in a photo.  And they sound as different as they look too!
PV requested some pics, so here goes. This is my new E40OM with the Taylor Mullins pickguard. I am still having trouble getting good pictures of the pack. It is very dark and reflective. The pics of the sibling is the E40 with my first Eastman - an E8D. It has a John Pearse rosewood armrest installed. They both have the JBB pickups installed. They sound sweet plugged and unplugged as well as in my dreams. I am making a commitment to play the E40 more, but I really like the rumble of the dreadnaught. I couldn't ask for anything better and I was able to get them both for less than the cost of new D28 or 18. 

A little side note - I had the E40OM set-up at GC near me. They have a great set-up guy who has worked on several of my acoustics. When I picked up the guitar he couldn't stop saying how impressed he was with it. He thought it was an amazing guitar in fit/finish and most importantly sound and playability. He lowered the nut slots a touch and brought the action down just a touch to match my preference. He just kept going on and on about how impressed he was. He thought it was very comparable to the higher end Taylors and Martins they carry.
nobodeuno likes this post

Attached Files

Tom, thats interesting - the two piece neck - length wise, not seen that on an Eastie before - sensible use of wood and potentially more stable - e.g. Lowden's are known for their rock solid neck stability.
Northman
It's an ebony insert in the back of the neck. From my understanding it is aesthetic as well as structural for strength. I do not believe it is all the way through nor is the neck joined in the middle lengthwise. Someone please correct me if I am mistaken.

It is a two piece neck in that there is a seam where the heal meets the neck. My E8D is definitely three pieces as I can notice grain differences where the headstock meets the neck as well as where the heal meets the neck. I cannot see any seem or grain changes on the E40 where the headstock and neck meet.
Hey, Tom!  Thanks for posting photos.  That's a fantastic Eastman duo.  The back of your E40OM is similar to mine --- dark stain, narrow grain.  Eastman began doing the ebony stripe on the neck last year (my 2016 E40D doesn't have it), and my understanding is the same as yours.

I've been itching to play an E8D... my uncle recently got one for his first Eastman (trying to plan a trip to visit him on the east coast).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My Eastman 2020 E8OM - Photos and Comments L-Man 6 1,770 09-10-2020, 08:29 AM
Last Post: Pura Vida
  Posting photos Airborne 6 1,593 08-28-2020, 04:22 PM
Last Post: mouks
Thumbs Up NGD - E10OM-TC *photos* Madhat007 12 4,074 01-27-2019, 09:28 AM
Last Post: AlanSam