Acoustic Guitar Photos
Nice closeup.  When I look at a high quality photo like yours, I can really appreciate the detail that goes into these beautiful instruments.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
[Image: snSVdhf.jpg]

My brand new E10OO. First post.
sleigh, AlanSam, Pura Vida, NoiseFloor like this post
Nice!  Love those slotted headstock Eastmans Smile
Good thing I have a lovely wife. This is what I have done to our bedroom and breakfast nook...
Pura Vida likes this post

Attached Files

Nice collection.  And kudos to supportive spouses / significant others!  Is there any adjustment going from your fan fret AC822FF to the other, standard fret guitars?

Also, if you haven't posted in the "other brands" section, tell us more about your guitars by The Loar.
sleigh and AlanSam like this post
(01-02-2021, 10:47 PM)Pura Vida Wrote: Nice collection.  And kudos to supportive spouses / significant others!  Is there any adjustment going from your fan fret AC822FF to the other, standard fret guitars?

Also, if you haven't posted in the "other brands" section, tell us more about your guitars by The Loar.

I was surprised to find that the fanned fret requires no adjustment in the way one frets. If anything, really stretched jazz chording is a bit easier.
Pura Vida likes this post
[Image: SfGxlXh.jpg][Image: 3nampg4.jpg][Image: E2mlwfo.jpg][Image: 7WGd8bh.jpg]
Details of my E40OM.
TomC and Pura Vida like this post
2021 Eastman AC622CE
2020 Eastman E40OM
2020 Eastman AC308CE (Limited Edition)
2020 Martin HD-28
2021 Eastman PCH3-GACE
2004 Gibson Les Paul Studio, wine red
1999 Taylor 714 custom, Cedar/Brazilian Rosewood
L-Man, gorgeous!  I find the details of Eastman's "40" models to be works of art.  And the best part is that they play as good as they look.
L-Man likes this post
PV: Yes my future son-in-law was over today, he plays a bit, I had the 40OM on the shag carpet when he walked in (I had been playing it while watching a bit of TV). Immediately he noticed and commented how beautiful it was, and played it for a few minutes. He said he really loved the guitar.

I ended up replacing the E8OM for the E40OM. There is a sweetness to Sikta of the E8OM that I really like ... but in the end, the 40 does everything a bit better than the 8. It was a difficult choice, though, both are great instruments. The 8 just didn't have the openness, resonance, and clarity from top to bottom that the 40 exhibits. The 40 sounds very "bright" - almost too much if you like the sound of a warmer sound - which is why I was tempted to keep the 8, a fine guitar in its own right.

I took the 40 a few weeks ago to some new friends who kindly invited my wife and I out to supper. My wife was like, "I don't think you need to bring along your guitar?" and I answered that you never know. We ended up singing Christmas carols around their table after dinner. They are both professional musicians and commented on the Eastman E40OM. It is a lovely instrument with a sparking tone.

I recently bought a Gibson, so now have a Martin dread, Taylor grand auditorium, Gibson electric, and and Eastman orchestra. A very fine collection of guitars indeed. much better than I deserve.
AlanSam and Pura Vida like this post
2021 Eastman AC622CE
2020 Eastman E40OM
2020 Eastman AC308CE (Limited Edition)
2020 Martin HD-28
2021 Eastman PCH3-GACE
2004 Gibson Les Paul Studio, wine red
1999 Taylor 714 custom, Cedar/Brazilian Rosewood
My E40OM has a similar voice.  Early on, it seemed to lean onto the mid/highs, but after a while, the low end began to emerge and keep it really well balanced.  As you mention, the E8OM would provide a warmer sound, but there's something about the Adi clarity and range (at least for me).  I've become a fan of the Adi sound and enjoy hearing my guitars' sound evolve over time.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My Eastman 2020 E8OM - Photos and Comments L-Man 6 1,770 09-10-2020, 08:29 AM
Last Post: Pura Vida
  Posting photos Airborne 6 1,591 08-28-2020, 04:22 PM
Last Post: mouks
Thumbs Up NGD - E10OM-TC *photos* Madhat007 12 4,072 01-27-2019, 09:28 AM
Last Post: AlanSam