Acoustic Guitar Photos
(09-21-2017, 06:50 AM)Pura Vida Wrote: Eastman makes some beautiful instruments, so let's post some acoustic guitar photos here!

Hi, I have tree lovely Eastman guitars, and would happily show them off here,but can't find a way to post them. To they have to be held on a third party website, or can I not simply upload (or is it download) them?
Andy, uploading photos is easy.  Just click on the "i" icon in the quick reply toolbar, select your photo, and it will upload automatically.  The photos are hosted by IMGUR, but you don't have to do anything, except upload via the toolbar.  I have a thread somewhere that shows how to do it, in case you get stuck.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
I'm in the final days of my five week COVID escape.  Here are a couple photos of my E10OM that I brought with me.

[Image: B2B2jyq.jpg]

[Image: My0i5Wz.jpg]
TomC and AlanSam like this post
PV: How would you compare the tone of your 10 and 40?

I've played a couple 10s and think that they bring a very interesting combination of tonal features to the table: a really big, warm, punch bass due to the mahogany back and sides, yet clear trebles from the Adirondack spruce top. The 10 is warmer in the trebles than the 40, which is nice, but the 40 offers more focus through the whole tone, the rosewood is a more ornamented tone, the mahogany is responsive but a bit bland in comparison to the rosewood.
AlanSam likes this post
2021 Eastman AC622CE
2020 Eastman E40OM
2020 Eastman AC308CE (Limited Edition)
2020 Martin HD-28
2021 Eastman PCH3-GACE
2004 Gibson Les Paul Studio, wine red
1999 Taylor 714 custom, Cedar/Brazilian Rosewood
L-Man, let me take that all in.  Yes, for the OM comparison, the Mahogany/Adi combination provides a great combo, focused on mid/highs, but nicely balanced.  My E40OM has a little more scoop and a lot more overtone vs. the E10OM's fundamental, woody voice.  It's not sterile, but there's a certain cool, crispness in my "40" (even after nearly four years).  My E20OM-SB has a much more scooped sound, where the bass is more prominent.  But being OMs, the differences are a little smaller than comparing dreads.

Comparing dreads, my E10D is similarly warm and focused on mid/highs.  The bass presence is more a factor of the body size, and just like the E10OM, it's just a really nice balance.  If my E10 guitars are like playing clean through an amp, then my E40D guitars are like plugging in chorus and reverb pedals.  Much more shimmer, and with the dreads, more bass too (at least on my 2017; my 2016 is even more lush, but with less bass).

I don't know if this helps.  I think I like the Mahogany/Adi combination better in the OM than the dread (note: I have an E6D and E8D, but not an E6OM or E8OM), and I prefer the Rosewood/Adi combination better in the dread body size, where that scoop becomes more prominent.  But they all have their own voices, so I enjoy them all for the differences they bring.
Yesterday, I changed strings on my 2016 E10D.  It was also time to clean the frets, fretboard, and open gear tuners, plus give the body a little cleaner treatment to make it all look nice.  Since I purchased the guitar used (some of you may recall, this was the "UPS" guitar; see link below), I was never sure if the bridge pins were original or replaced, so a while back, I purchased some Ebony w/ Abalone replacement bridge pins (thanks to Tom C for the recommendation).  I decided to swap them out, since I was making everything else look shiny and new.  Smile

https://www.eastmanguitarfans.com/Thread...ing-Online

Anyway, all the cleaning and polishing gave me a good opportunity to take some photos. As I look back on my original photos from 2018; see link above), this guitar has gotten some nice color over the last 2.5-3 years, and the streaks that were much more noticeable against a lighter top have blended in more, as the overall color has darkened.

The sound has matured along with it. It lost some of that newer Adi tone, in favor of some sweetness. But don't get me wrong, it's still a canon! Smile

[Image: aImkYt4.jpg]

[Image: s94Waep.jpg]

[Image: TsZ0Fgt.jpg]

[Image: vrq83EA.jpg]
Zissou Intern and AlanSam like this post
(01-17-2021, 10:05 AM)Pura Vida Wrote: Yesterday, I changed strings on my 2016 E10D.  It was also time to clean the frets, fretboard, and open gear tuners, plus give the body a little cleaner treatment to make it all look nice.  Since I purchased the guitar used (some of you may recall, this was the "UPS" guitar; see link below), I was never sure if the bridge pins were original or replaced, so a while back, I purchased some Ebony w/ Abalone replacement bridge pins (thanks to Tom C for the recommendation).  I decided to swap them out, since I was making everything else look shiny and new.  Smile

https://www.eastmanguitarfans.com/Thread...ing-Online

Anyway, all the cleaning and polishing gave me a good opportunity to take some photos. As I look back on my original photos from 2018; see link above), this guitar has gotten some nice color over the last 2.5-3 years, and the streaks that were much more noticeable against a lighter top have blended in more, as the overall color has darkened.

The sound has matured along with it. It lost some of that newer Adi tone, in favor of some sweetness. But don't get me wrong, it's still a canon! Smile

[Image: aImkYt4.jpg][Image: s94Waep.jpg][Image: TsZ0Fgt.jpg][Image: vrq83EA.jpg]

Brian, you may need another Guitar rack soon :-) 

It is Always interesting to watch Guitars age, not just the Sound but also the look. my E8OM is getting darker even though it just arrived 7 months ago.
you can really see the Sitka changing Color already. Different to my Faith with its Engleman Top. Was very pale when getting it new in 2014, now it has got a more golden Color Kinda Honey. it changed very subtle over the years, barely noticable. of Course Looking at pics from then and now, it is obvious, but during the process hardly evident, unlike the Sitka on my Eastman. Interesting for sure how different Wood (Maybe in combination with certain laquers?) reacts. 

Brian may I ask you for a favor if it isn't too much of a hassle. You having more Eastmans than any Shop I have visited so far :-) and especially having the D and the SS models. Could you put a Dread and a Slope Shoulder next to each other in the Rack? I am trying to find a Picture with boths models side by side to see the difference in Body Depth. that would be very nice of you. Also how would you describe the "feel" of both models in Terms of ergonomics and handling? that would be very intreresting as I haven't found much decribing that. 

Cheers from Switzerland, trust you are doing well and Keep safe!
Mitch

PS: the one pic of yours above showing the Rack in the back, These are two SS models side by side on the Right Edge of the left Rack, just behind the 2016 E10D you Show in front?
„I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things“ Tom Waits
Mitch, I got a new Hercules rack for Christmas (it's like Santa knew exactly what I wanted!).  Smile

I agree that it's interesting to see how guitar tops age, and the difference between the different types / species of wood.  Sitka seems to age more quickly with color ranging from pumpkin to brown.  Adi gets more golden in color, and Engelmann, as you mention, gets more of a honey color.

I actually went back and looked at my 2018 NGD post vs. current photos of my E10D, and I was surprised at how much it has changed in three years.  I see my guitars in relation to each other, so I know that my E10D is the darkest Adi top, followed by my 2016 E40D... with the Sitka tops taking their own path (both had nice color, when I got them new), as well as my Jumbo (Engelmann top is still quite blonde; Maple body is getting a little more color).

Finish can have an effect, where for example, some Poly finishes will turn color over time, and some guitar makers add color toner to provide some color to guitars from day one.  But I don't consider these the same as natural wood aging.

In the photo above, the left rack are all square shoulder dreads (two E40D, E20D, and E8D), plus my E40OM in the middle.  All Rosewood guitars, so no slope dread.

I took a new photo for you (using the new rack!), showing five different body sizes (apologies for the weird blur created on the center guitar; my camera has been acting up, and I'm getting a ton of reflections in that room).  The body sizes (L to R) are: dread (E10D, long scale), slope dread (E10SS/v, short scale), OM (E10OM-LTD, short scale), 00 (E1OO-LTD, short scale, 12-fret), and travel (ACTG1, 23.5" scale).

Website dimension specs:
E10D: 16" x 4-23/32"
E10SS/v: 16 x 4-1/2"
E10OM: 15" x 4-1/4"
E1OO-LTD: 14-3/8" x 4"
ACTG1: 14-3/8" x 3-13/16"

[Image: s1pNxhq.jpg]
(01-19-2021, 02:01 PM)Pura Vida Wrote: Mitch, I got a new Hercules rack for Christmas (it's like Santa knew exactly what I wanted!).  Smile

I agree that it's interesting to see how guitar tops age, and the difference between the different types / species of wood.  Sitka seems to age more quickly with color ranging from pumpkin to brown.  Adi gets more golden in color, and Engelmann, as you mention, gets more of a honey color.

I actually went back and looked at my 2018 NGD post vs. current photos of my E10D, and I was surprised at how much it has changed in three years.  I see my guitars in relation to each other, so I know that my E10D is the darkest Adi top, followed by my 2016 E40D... with the Sitka tops taking their own path (both had nice color, when I got them new), as well as my Jumbo (Engelmann top is still quite blonde; Maple body is getting a little more color).

Finish can have an effect, where for example, some Poly finishes will turn color over time, and some guitar makers add color toner to provide some color to guitars from day one.  But I don't consider these the same as natural wood aging.

In the photo above, the left rack are all square shoulder dreads (two E40D, E20D, and E8D), plus my E40OM in the middle.  All Rosewood guitars, so no slope dread.

I took a new photo for you (using the new rack!), showing five different body sizes (apologies for the weird blur created on the center guitar; my camera has been acting up, and I'm getting a ton of reflections in that room).  The body sizes (L to R) are: dread (E10D, long scale), slope dread (E10SS/v, short scale), OM (E10OM-LTD, short scale), 00 (E1OO-LTD, short scale, 12-fret), and travel (ACTG1, 23.5" scale).

Website dimension specs:
E10D: 16" x 4-23/32"
E10SS/v: 16 x 4-1/2"
E10OM: 15" x 4-1/4"
E1OO-LTD: 14-3/8" x 4"
ACTG1: 14-3/8" x 3-13/16"

[Image: s1pNxhq.jpg]

Brian

ah the new Rack. Needs to be filled now :-)

thank you! Very much apreciated!

quite a noticeable visual difference. the Slope is much more tapared towards the neck. the local shop has received a varnish slope but obv being Lockdown no way to check it out. I must admit I Always had a soft spot for a slope dread, visually and listen to People Play it. seems more balanced and less boomy than a square dread. really like to try an eastman slope. hopefully soon! 

cheers from freezing and snowy Switzerland and thanks again for the effort!
Mitch
Pura Vida likes this post
„I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things“ Tom Waits
It's 4/5 full, which means there's room for one more, right?  Smile

I'd definitely suggest playing one, when you get the chance.  Although they look like a Gibson, they don't sound like one (not that there's anything wrong with the iconic J-45; it just has a different voice).  And the models with the Antique Varnish finish (E10SS/v and the brand new E20SS/v) have a little something extra with the sound and feel, thanks to the thinner finish.
Mitch likes this post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My Eastman 2020 E8OM - Photos and Comments L-Man 6 1,778 09-10-2020, 08:29 AM
Last Post: Pura Vida
  Posting photos Airborne 6 1,604 08-28-2020, 04:22 PM
Last Post: mouks
Thumbs Up NGD - E10OM-TC *photos* Madhat007 12 4,082 01-27-2019, 09:28 AM
Last Post: AlanSam