My Eastman 2020 E8OM - Photos and Comments
Here are images of my 2020 Eastman E8OM Sitka/Rosewood. Beautiful guitar with a sweet, warm, bright tone.
SasquatchLife, DonJmmn, Pura Vida like this post

Attached Files

2021 Eastman AC622CE
2020 Eastman E40OM
2020 Eastman AC308CE (Limited Edition)
2020 Martin HD-28
2021 Eastman PCH3-GACE
2004 Gibson Les Paul Studio, wine red
1999 Taylor 714 custom, Cedar/Brazilian Rosewood
Beautiful!  It seems there are fewer E8OM out in the wild, but we have a few here on the EGF.  That top is stunning!
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
Congratulations! Very nice.
She's a beaut!
Best, Steve

6 string acoustics: 2018 Eastman E10D (Red Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 Eastman E6D-TC (Alpine Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 AC522CE - GB (European Spruce/Mahogany)
Electric guitar: 1964 Guild Starfire V semi-hollow electric
Acoustic Bass: Epiphone El Capitan 5 String Acoustic/Electric Fretless (Year ?)
YouTube: sleighwriter
Hey L-Man 

congrats gorgeous Looking OM indeed! Great Sitka top! Looks very much like mine. As PV mentionned, not many around, makes it somewhat Special. At least I tell myself :-) 

Something I was quite surprised when it arrived, was how dark the Top had already been. Pleasant surprise. I remember my Faith Saturn (Engleman Spruce Top) was White like a sheet of paper. Your E8OM Looks like mine, seems it got already some Color. Wonder how that is? Any ideas? I mean both our models are quite new, mine is end of Dec 2019. And the Shop only got it in Feb 2020. 
something else I noticed, the Bridge seemed black when it arrived, now there are brownish/redish streaks in it. Which I like. I am not a fan of an uniform look, I like my Guitars having a bit of "character".

I think it is great that they have a bit of a tan already :-) attached a pic of mine.

Enjoy your E8OM L-Man. I am very happy with mine, trying to adjust my playing style to suit the Guitar, quite a challange, one I like though.

Attached Files

„I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things“ Tom Waits
Beautiful guitar! Enjoy that gem!
Mitch, the difference in color is driven by the difference in Spruce woods.  Sitka usually has some color to start (my E6D and E8D were both reasonably dark, when I got them) and turn pumpkin/brown.  Engelmann looks a lot like Red Spruce (Adi) in that it's usually very white to start and gets some color over time, usually taking on more of a golden color vs. Sitka's brown.  My AC630-BD was very light to start, and after a year, the grain lines are beginning to show.  My Adi tops have turned varying shades of yellow/gold, while my Sitka tops have darkened a little more quickly.

As for the bridge, Eastman (and most other companies) dye their Ebony bridges and boards, so you're probably seeing some of the natural streaks appear as the dye wears off.  While I love the jet black of Ebony, I'm perfectly fine with the natural streaks, especially after watching Bob Taylor's video about the state of Ebony (if you haven't seen that video, check it out).  My E20D has a beautifully streaked bridge that actually inspired me to install a brown pickguard to complement it, rather than a more traditional red one.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Acoustic Guitar Photos Pura Vida 228 81,495 03-21-2024, 11:52 PM
Last Post: Timelessdrifter
  Eastman E20D MR TC - Seeking Owner Comments Richard Hauser 2 2,706 03-03-2023, 02:36 PM
Last Post: mike0609
  E20-OO comments? Ugly Dougling 2 1,341 08-19-2021, 08:47 AM
Last Post: Pura Vida