Eastman stops using Nitro switches to Truetone
I have a 2020 model year T368 SB.  Am I correct in the understanding that the finish on this guitar is nitro?
rpg - email Eastman with your serial # and they will confirm the finish.
I have a Bourgeois OM that is finished with his formula. Its a terrific guitar.
(08-18-2021, 11:54 AM)jphenderson91 Wrote: This is the email I got from Eastman. I couldn’t really tell on my E2OM that they had changed the finish from previous models. I will say that it new finish is a bit more consistent than the nitro on my older models.

That's confusing!

Mine is a 2020 model so I contacted them this morning to see where mine sits in the production switchover... I wonder if they really know!

=12ptWho can tell..!

=12ptFrom: Eastman Support <[email][email protected][/email]>
Date: 19 July 2023 at 15:18:05 BST
To: Isaac Smith <[email][email protected][/email]>
Subject: Eastman Guitars finish question [588895]
Reply-To: Eastman Support <[email][email protected][/email]>
=12pt
 =12ptHi Isaac, =12ptThank you for reaching out to EASTMAN!=12ptIn regards to your question about which finish is used on your instrument, here is the general overview: =12ptSince 2021 we stopped spraying Nitro Cellulose and we changed over to our Proprietary Truetone finish. Your E10SS was built in 2020 according to the serial number, so it was still done with Nitro Cellulose finish.  =12ptWe hope this has answered your question(s)! =12pt[img=203x166]file:///C:/Users/ISMITH7/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.png[/img] =12pt=13.5ptMy E10SS has serial number M2024645. Does it have a nitrocellulose finish or a Truetone finish please?

Attached Files

I got this recently from Eastman...mine looks like Truetone...nitro tends to sink into the frain, but the neck has definetly polished fro playing like nitro, wonder if necks are finished separately from the bodies...?

[align=start]Hello Bart,[/align]
[align=start] [/align]
[align=start]Thank you for reaching out to EASTMAN![/align]
[align=start] [/align]
[align=start]In regards to your question about which finish is used on your instrument, this is very hard, if not impossible to determine when the instrument was finished in the changeover period in 2021 since your guitar was built in 2021/February. [/align]
[align=start]It is impossible to tell by the look, feel, or sound as the Truetone Finish has the same characteristics as Nitro. It's the overtime aging (Truetone doesn't age like Nitro) that will show the difference.[/align]
[align=start] We hope this has answered your question(s)![/align]
[align=start] [/align]
[align=start]All the best,[/align]
[align=start] [/align]
[align=start][img]cid:4bfaccea-a0e1-4a36-a5c1-017c389b75c9[/img][/align]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Truetone vs. Nitro Finish Pura Vida 14 10,953 12-07-2022, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Pura Vida
  Physical Test for Nitro vs Truetone TTiimm 13 4,961 05-26-2022, 11:49 AM
Last Post: TTiimm