Truetone vs. Nitro Finish
Welcome, George!  A good friend of mine owns a DT-30D and just purchased a DT-30GACE.  He was recently told that all of the DT models were actually made in 2019 and have since been discontinued from new production.  He's on a search for a DT-30OM to complete his trilogy.  The COA is the date that it passes final inspection at the Eastman shop in Pomona, CA, but the actual production date can be earlier.  In many cases, they dates are close, and that's what we all refer to when we call something a 2022, 2021, etc.  But sometimes, Eastman has inventory from earlier, so it can be a previous year (or two).

All of this to say... I am 99.9% sure your DT-30D is Nitro b/c they were all made with Nitro in 2019, irrespective of the COA date.  I own both and can't tell the difference.  I'm sure those MDs are both Truetone.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
Guitar Center currently has a used DT-30OM listed at $1400 ( excellent condition).  Check their nationwide used inventory.
Absolutely!  That's a steal, and I shared it with my friend.  But he's really picky about buying used, and although GC has an amazing return policy, he lives out of the country.  So, he'd need me to buy, inspect, and ultimately transport the guitar down to him next year.  I've already brought four Eastman guitars down to him in the last 14 months, so he may be on his own with his search.  I may mention it to him again and see if he can get someone else to bring it down.
Thanks for the info, Brian.  I wasn't aware that they only made the DT in 2019 and have since discontinued.  It's well on the path to rare unicorn status amongst the Eastman lineup... which is a bummer because I'd love to play one someday.
Pura Vida likes this post
I got to play both of his DT models last month.  I like the dread, but really, really liked the GA!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Eastman stops using Nitro switches to Truetone Shishigashira 94 43,839 07-21-2023, 01:35 AM
Last Post: nobodeuno
  Physical Test for Nitro vs Truetone TTiimm 13 4,957 05-26-2022, 11:49 AM
Last Post: TTiimm
  Nitro finish change? TerryD 5 5,966 03-30-2022, 04:38 AM
Last Post: RoyBoy