What other acoustic brands do you own?
We are all Eastman fans here ... but I'm curious, what other guitar brands do you own?  I've had a few Taylor Guitars and always enjoyed their play-ability.

I currently own a Breedlove OM that I enjoy from time to time on the rare occasion I am not playing one of my Eastman's.  Curious what other brands folks here own?
campacj likes this post
I have two Seagull guitars --- an Artist Mosaic (dread) and Artist Mosaic Folk (w/ built-in dual mic). Both guitars are mahogany/cedar and claim to be hand-made in a separate facility from their main factory using their best components. I've owned several Seagull guitars, and the Artist series are definitely a cut above the rest.

On the electric side of things, I recently sold my 1987 Ibanez (Japan). I still have my 2001 Brian Moore (Korea), plus the kids each have a guitar (an Epi LP and a Squier Jag). I've considered selling my electric to make room for a new Eastman electric (either SB59 or T486).
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
Well, I don't have an Eastman, but do own an Ibanez, Fender, and a Takamine. So far an Eastman hasn't come up locally I can play in person as I will not buy any acoustic without playing it first.
Regards,

Gary
I still own an Eastman Mandolin, and I have recently owned an E10ss and an E20ss before that. I will buy an other Eastman... likely this year.

Other brands? I own a Martin D15 and D18, and a Gibson J45 and J50. It’s likely I will not sell any of those... well maybe the 45 one day... but hopefully not. They are all great guitars. The 18 is a Standard 18 that I custom ordered with the same 11/16 nut and shape as the HD28... love it.

I have tried owning several Taylor’s... a t5z, a 214ce, and a 12 string... all nice but they move through.

I think I am open minded with guitars, but consider myself a Gibby Guy first.

Sooner or later I need advice on an Eastman SS OM ...
I've owned most of the major brands from Martin, Taylor, and Gibson over the years. I've found that every brand has it's own voice, and if one searches hard enough they can find a gem among any brand.

Over the past 10 years I've really gravitated towards Martin acoustics. It really started after my Dad bought me a D-28 as a college graduation present. (University of Oklahoma, Boomer Sooner!) After that I felt like I needed another guitar to accompany the D-28. So I bought a D-16 and then traded it for an OMCPA4. A couple months ago I seriously thought about buying a D-18 to fill out the stable. That's when I came upon one of the new thermo-cured Eastman E-10D's at a local shop. I was really a special guitar so I took the opportunity and brought it home.

I've really wanted a J-45 for awhile, but that will have to wait. Maybe if I find the right E10SS then I will pull the trigger.

Right now I am happy playing the two USA Martin's and the Eastman E10D-TC.
A story about C.F. Martin guitars...

Back in the early 70's I worked at a music retailer's warehouse in the musical instrument department. They had some 17 stores in the Northeast U.S. and were a major Martin dealer. I was charged with inspecting and shipping orders from the warehouse to the stores. I wanted a Martin (a "D" series) and in every shipment I tried them all and held back the best of the bunch, and if necessary replaced the newest one I had held back from the previous shipment.

I got and played them all... D-18's, 28's, 35's. 41's and even a few 45's which I really WANTED to be the best because I was enamored of the Steve Stills D-45 sound. Some D18's were better than 40 series and for a long time my faves were a D18, then a D-28 until one day I opened a box with a D35 in it that the heavens opened up for. No crap it was the loudest, most mellow of the several hundred that had passed through my shop. I bought it on the spot.

I bring this up because trying a git and liking it AND being able to compare it to others real time is (IMO) the only way to buy an acoustic, and this is the reason I will not buy an acoustic on the web.
Regards,

Gary
I needed to quote the below, which I was illustrating the fact that a "gem" can be found.

"I've found that every brand has it's own voice, and if one searches hard enough they can find a gem among any brand"
Regards,

Gary
<post deleted>
Regards,

Gary
Other acoustic brands... in addition to my 2017 E20OM-TC, 2014 AC630 and 2018 El Rey 4:

EDIT - to update changes 6/30/19:

[Image: VWeUihs.jpg]
[Image: EAE1dPj.jpg]
Zissou Intern likes this post
Bert, I think you're doing quite well. I think you hit all the brands I'd love to check out.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NAMM 2019 - Other brands new models Bert 3 1,730 01-28-2019, 11:03 AM
Last Post: Bert