What other acoustic brands do you own?
(12-29-2017, 01:36 PM)gnappi Wrote: Well, I don't have an Eastman, but do own an Ibanez, Fender, and a Takamine. So far an Eastman hasn't come up locally I can play in person as I will not buy any acoustic without playing it first.

That's to bad. I have ordered 3 Eastmans all without playing any of them and I will never sell any of them. I actually probably give more playing time to my Eastmans then my Martin D35. Don't get me wrong I really like my D35 too. You do know that every place that sells Eastmans will always let you return the guitar if you don't like it. I think if you ever got your hands on a E10om or E20om or maybe a E20D you might just really like what you hear.
Pura Vida likes this post
Devoted Taylor acoustic guitarist here.  Smile

While my formative years were in the 1970's and Martin seemed to be king of acoustic guitars at that time, somehow my ears were attracted more to the sparkly, bright tones of the Taylor.

My first Taylor was a 1995 912C (original owner) that I still have and play regularly.  I also had a 1999 K10 that I completely regret selling many, many years ago...to help pay for a custom Holst archtop...but that's a whole 'nother story.  Likewise, I had a 712C and a 714C some years ago, but eventually sold them.  I picked up a 1997 (I think) 710 a couple of years ago from a local store.

I'll say that I am completely satisfied with the 2 Taylors I have now and they are the only steel string acoustics that I own...but who knows if and when the acquisition bug will bite again.

I've had jumbo frets (.055 I think) installed on both guitars.  Love the tall, jumbos.  Seems to increase volume and such a joy for fingerstyle and finger picking.  The strings really ring and they lend themselves nicely to a lighter touch.

I have to admit, I've never, ever played an Eastman acoustic guitar.  Maybe deep down I'm afraid of being bitten by the acquisition bug all over again. Smile
Wildfield, I've heard that 90s Taylors are their "golden era," although there's a lot of buzz about the recent changes to Taylor's bracing designs.  I haven't owned any Taylor guitars, but have played several in local stores.  I hope you get a chance to play an Eastman.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
I've owned the 2013 PaoRosewood/Redwood Bourgeois 00 for 20mos... and the 2017 Eastman E20OM-TC for 18mos.  Still can't decide which I like more, not something I'm going to loose any sleep over.  bert

[Image: 3WNgTSQ.jpg]
Zissou Intern likes this post
Bert, you were so fortunate to land that E20OM-TC.  Bourgeois and SCGC are still high on my "must play" list.
Nothing fancy, in addition to my AC522 I own a Taylor GS Mini-e Koa. It's a sweet little guitar, with the old Expression system 2, plays and sounds great - and looks sexy too. I play it at home and not necessarily when traveling, it's a convenient instrument to leave around for a quick grab or quieter practice sessions, although it's louder than its size would suggest. Well, I love its tone and the neck is something different, very sweet and soft - not referring to the scale but to what Taylor made with the sapele and ebony fretboard.
I have a 36 year old Washburn DR-24S, a 2016 Gibson J35 and a Fender OO which is being replaced by an inbound Eastman E10 OO. In the past I’ve owned a Collings OM2H (sold, why did I do that !?!) a Taylor Grand Concert, Yamahas, and Epiphones.
Good to have you aboard, Andrew!
(11-21-2018, 09:11 AM)BAW3 Wrote:
(12-29-2017, 01:36 PM)gnappi Wrote: Well, I don't have an Eastman, but do own an Ibanez, Fender, and a Takamine. So far an Eastman hasn't come up locally I can play in person as I will not buy any acoustic without playing it first.

That's to bad. I have ordered 3 Eastmans all without playing any of them and I will never sell any of them. I actually probably give more playing time to my Eastmans then my Martin D35. Don't get me wrong I really like my D35 too. You do know that every place that sells Eastmans will always let you return the guitar if you don't like it. I think if you ever got your hands on a E10om or E20om or maybe a E20D you might just really like what you hear. 

At this point in my life, an acoustic has to sound and play better than what I already have to even consider buying it. A tall order to fill online especially since what I have works OK.
Regards,

Gary
I came to own an Eastman only recently. My other guitars are in my signature line.

And FWIW, with the exception of the Seagull Performer, 1964 Guild Starfire (bought when I was 13), and the Roscoe bass, all the other guitars were purchased online, and I have no regrets about any of them—especially the Eastman.   Smile
Best, Steve

6 string acoustics: 2018 Eastman E10D (Red Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 Eastman E6D-TC (Alpine Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 AC522CE - GB (European Spruce/Mahogany)
Electric guitar: 1964 Guild Starfire V semi-hollow electric
Acoustic Bass: Epiphone El Capitan 5 String Acoustic/Electric Fretless (Year ?)
YouTube: sleighwriter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NAMM 2019 - Other brands new models Bert 3 1,734 01-28-2019, 11:03 AM
Last Post: Bert