What other acoustic brands do you own?
Absolutely stunning! Is that an Ebony saddle on a Rosewood bridge?
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
(12-10-2019, 02:24 PM)AlanSam Wrote: Absolutely stunning! Is that an Ebony saddle on a Rosewood bridge?

Thanks.

That’s a rosewood saddle too.
AlanSam likes this post
Nice find, EMS.  Beautiful and vintage.  How does it sound?
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
(12-10-2019, 04:18 PM)Pura Vida Wrote: Nice find, EMS.  Beautiful and vintage.  How does it sound?

A friend of mine has had an L48 for 15+ years now. They look enough alike that he joked he was going to "accidentally" take mine home in his case. It's a great guitar but the L50 - I assume because of the carved top - is much more articulate. The notes are more distinct and softer in a good way.

It had lights on it, but I switched to D'Addario EJ24s, which my son - that actual guitar player in the family - complained about. He preferred the lights. I'm going to try some Monels to see what it does to that bright maple attack.
Pura Vida likes this post
Let me know how the Monels work.  I've may try GHS Vintage Bronze on my AC630-BD, just to see how the Maple body (also very articulate) reacts to a more mellow string.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
Per Scooters post about Godin products, and Seagull in particular..... I have owned several Seagulls and had plenty cross my bench. All were excellent guitars - even the lower prices models, played well and sounded nice. They enjoy a good reputation among guitar repairman as cleanly built of quality tonewoods, and easy to work on. I frequently recommend them to students looking for an upgrade from their budget plywood stuff. Now much used Eastman stuff around, but one of these days - there will be.
"Act your age, not your shoe size" - Prince
(12-27-2017, 05:14 PM)Meathead Wrote: We are all Eastman fans here ... but I'm curious, what other guitar brands do you own?  I've had a few Taylor Guitars and always enjoyed their play-ability.

I currently own a Breedlove OM that I enjoy from time to time on the rare occasion I am not playing one of my Eastman's.  Curious what other brands folks here own?
Just last week I purchased a 1998 Larrivee D-03 Mahogany guitar that was handmade in Vancouver, BC. I couldn't find ANY dings or dents AT ALL and it came with the original HSC. The only reason it doesn't look brand new is that the bone nut and saddle are turning beige with age. It's as though the owner(s) VERY RARELY took it out of its case! I bought it used from the nearby Guitar Center for $605.12 out the door! I wiped it down, oiled the bridge and fingerboard, and put a new set of Ernie Ball Aluminum Bronze 12-54 strings on it, and WOW! That 21-year-old wood sounds wonderful! IMHO it compares very well with an "opened-up" Martin Standard Series D-18. Here is a Reverb ad with an exact duplicate, except that mine still has the clear pick guard:
 https://reverb.com/item/1605840-1998-lar...tic-guitar
Most of the others are selling for $800 to $1000 and are NOT in mint condition like mine.
Pura Vida likes this post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NAMM 2019 - Other brands new models Bert 3 1,736 01-28-2019, 11:03 AM
Last Post: Bert