What other acoustic brands do you own?
Well I am a Guild guy first as you can see in my sig.. I gig with the Guild F-55 and the D-35.. Mainly the F-55. Though my E6D will be getting a dual source installed soon for gigging.

I have owned Martin and Gibson but IMHO consistency has been an issue for me with these brands.. Especially Gibson..Taylor on the other hand has been more consistent in tone for me but I am just not a big fan of their tone profile which tends to be on the higher side..

If I am being honest in the last few years there seems to be more consistency with brands like Eastman ( obviously ), Blueridge and Recording King than with the US made brands..
RussB likes this post
'19 Eastman E6D SB
'19 Eastman PCH1 OM CLA
'18 Guild F-55R
'78 Guild D-35 SB
'77 Guild S-300
'89 MIJ Strat Partscaster / Mighty Mite Neck and '91 American pickups

You've probably all come across this previously, but just in case you haven't. The scientifically derived, fool proof formula for working out the correct number of guitars you need is :-

X+1

where x= the number of guitars you currently own
sleigh and pdxstrummer like this post
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
In no particular order...

Guild D35 
Guild M120
Recording King RGT-16(?) that is basically like a J-45
Larrivee D-02-12
Baby Taylor

and 11 electrics
pdxstrummer likes this post
Guitar-wise, nothing has changed in my house in four months! On my wife's side, nothing has changed in over four years. All of my guitars arrived in the last 11 months.

Wife:
Eastman AJ816 and AJ817-12
Pogreba single cone resonator

Me:
Blueridge BR240A
Collings D1T
Collings DS1 12 fretter
Pura Vida likes this post
I've only ever played one Gibson acoustic that didn't sound like it had a blanket stuffed into it, a J-29. Sales dude didn't budge on the price, so I passed. I own a Gibson SG Classic that is a decent guitar, but my luck with Gibsons hasn't been good. I own only one of the four I've bought.
Martins are probably my favourite mass-produced guitars, but I've had a couple of bad ones come my way, and were returned. My D-28 is a very good guitar, despite being a bit overbuilt. My OM-21 is my favourite 6 string acoustic. It is a 2013 model, with ebony fretboard, different neck profile than the previous version, and scalloped bracing. It isn't overbuilt, either.
Right now, though, I keep looking at the Eastmans. My E10-OM is at a luthier's getting setup, and I'll get it back on Tuesday. I am tempted to sell or trade my Taylor 320 for another Eastman, but I'd probably regret it.
2014 Martin D-28;
2013 Martin OM-21;
2009 Martin OOO-M;
2012 Lakewood M-34 12 Custom;
2020 Guild F40e;
2008 Lakewood M-18;
2007 Hanika 54PC.
2021 Eastman E1-D Cla.
2023 Yamaha FS-3.
and some electrics…
I'm not a working musician, I'm a parlor player and sometimes get together with others.  That said, here are my instruments:

Martin 000-18 (1965--my boyhood guitar)
Martin D-18. Love this thing.
Martin 00-15m. I feel like Woody Guthrie when I play this.
Martin 000-15sm. Got an old Cowboy, early country vibe with the 12 fret to body and slot head. What a sound, though.
And speaking of Cowboy, a total impulse buy--
Martin Cowboy X (000 size.) I saw this at a local shop and was charmed by it. Silly, but good for the family reunions. The little kids will love it...
Pura Vida and AlanSam like this post

Attached Files

Before I discovered Eastman I was a pretty devoted Godin guy...had  2 Seagull Artists, both before they named them..had the Flame Maple Duet (which was issued later  as the Cameo) and the Rosewood Duet (later the Studio)...the Flame Maple and I clicked pretty well..and later I picked up a Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood Dread..even got Robert Godin to sign that one for me!...I know that recent Seagull Artists and SP Showcase guitars have been improved greatly over the originals...

All were wonderful, and I have a love for all things Godin..but then I bought my Eastman E8 OM and never looked back...sold , traded, or gave away the Godins, and my E8 OM became my go to workhorse..best guitar I ever owned, and I never even felt the need to buy something else..now I have the AC822, which I have found out is a mongrel!!  More about that in another post...
Pura Vida likes this post
Besides my E6OM I have a 2016 Martin D-18 and a Yamaha FG700 that I bought for my daughter but she lost interest. I love all three guitars for different reasons as to be expected. They give me all the variety I need. But it does not keep me from venturing out trying other guitars from time to time. Still have yet to find a Taylor that grabs me. Same for Gibsons although I like their J-15s the best so far. I’m pretty happy with what I’ve got.
No other acoustic guitars besides my Eastman archtops, but I do have an Eddie Finn 8 string uke I converted to a mandolin, and a Luna parlor guitar I converted into a dulcitar. Both sound great and play very nicely. They're fun!
"Act your age, not your shoe size" - Prince
2 weeks ago I almost bought something I was iffy about - long distance. Decided that would be unwise. Checked craigslist and found this 1950 L50 - all original - at a price that had me scrambling to get my hands on it before anyone else. Three hours later (Oakland to SF and back in the rush hour rain), it was mine.

[Image: nn3JQiT.jpg]

[Image: TTts9Dy.jpg]
aant, Pura Vida, Zissou Intern, TomC like this post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NAMM 2019 - Other brands new models Bert 3 1,734 01-28-2019, 11:03 AM
Last Post: Bert