What other acoustic brands do you own?
(01-07-2018, 10:50 PM)Pura Vida Wrote: Bert, I think you're doing quite well.  I think you hit all the brands I'd love to check out.

I'd Gie it Laldy on your Guild 112 Bert (play with great gusto).
Love the 'savings account' using acoustic guitars. The reality is that most of the time they are good investments from a value perspective - they generally hold their value.

Bert, that short scale Bourgeois looks like a fun guitar to pick on.
Thanks folks and Tim for fixing the disappearing post. yep, the Bourgeois 00 is in a league of it's own, the redwood top is somewhere in between cedar and spruce, warm and plenty loud. As a plectrum player, takes me about 4-5mins to get within it's boundries and then sit back and let it roll. sweeet with an extra e.

Fortunately, I've spent enough time looking at neck sets, etc to have a decent feel for bad investments. Buying used can be a mine field, but... boutiques are a solid investment when you find the right ones.

I would love a 70s Guild 6string but every one I seem to run into needs a neckset, would be ok if the 'for sale guitar' had that factored into the asking price. Nice thing about Collings & Bourgeois is bolt-on neck, they destroy the myth of hard-set dove tail imo.
The Recording King ROS-647 I just bought from a forum member, a very special and unique instrument, built to Martin's 000-41 Custom 12 Fret specs, love the abalone bling. It is sweet, neck width is 1 7/8" but that seems OK so far. I won't use it for all songs, but it's an exciting addition for me, it would be one I would keep if I had to go down to 2 or 3 guitars. I find myself actually laughing like in disbelief, at how great the sound is, it's crazy sweet, but unique and probably some folks would not prefer this type of sweet, folk guitar sound. It's not for bluegrass or most rifs.

Eastman AC422CE
CAUTION: I'm Singing A Christian Song (AC422)[/font][/size]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfM4wJZUYoE

Billy Mo, it's great to read posts like yours... where someone buys a guitar from another forum member, who is willing to part with it for whatever reason, and the buyer absolutely loves it! While I'm partial to dreads, I can't part with my Seagull Artist Mosaic Folk, which is such a nice departure from those boomy dreads.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
Larrivee 00 sitka over rosewood 12-fret, Ibanez AC240, Alvarez AP70 accompany my new Eastman E6OM.
(03-19-2018, 10:48 AM)robhanesworth Wrote: Larrivee 00 sitka over rosewood 12-fret, Ibanez AC240, Alvarez AP70 accompany my new Eastman E6OM.

Welcome to the forum, Rob!  How are you liking your new Eastman E6OM, by the way?  I also just picked up an E6OM several months ago and love it.
(12-27-2017, 05:14 PM)Meathead Wrote: We are all Eastman fans here ... but I'm curious, what other guitar brands do you own?  I've had a few Taylor Guitars and always enjoyed their play-ability.

I currently own a Breedlove OM that I enjoy from time to time on the rare occasion I am not playing one of my Eastman's.  Curious what other brands folks here own?

Hello All:
I own and have been quite impressed with the Yamaha FG800 series guitars. I owned an FG800 that I bought for $199 that sounded like aa thousand-dolla guitar. At the very least, it makes a GREAT camping guitar.
I have owned and been quite impressed with the Yamaha FG800. It sells for $199 but sounds like $1000! It makes a perfect camping guitar. I traded it for an FGX800C because I wanted a camping guitar that I could also take to jams and open mikes and not worry about it being stolen or damaged. Properly set up and with Ernie Ball Aluminum Bronze 12-53 strings, it sounds very nice. I've also owned Takamines, Taylors, and a couple of Cordobas, a C5-CE, a C7, and a reguler C5. I think Cordoba makes some great classical guitars for the money.
My wife used to question me daily as to why I collect ( and play each daily ) eleven or so guitars - being that I have been a stride and jazz pianist all my life.....it’s a good point. This is what early retirement is all about. Nothing like sitting out in the backyard with my sweet golden retriever ( and, my wife ) playing the guitar that suits my mood at the time. Fortunately, a few solo keyboard albums on Pandora provide enough passive income to buy these guitars.....and oh yea, a 1938 nine foot baldwin grand. Currently a Gibson Keb Mo, 1935 Gibson L5, D’Angelico masterbuilt, Gitane Lulu Reinhardt signature, and my three Eastmans. Music keeps you alive. Thank god for a very understanding spouse.

(04-18-2018, 04:46 PM)droptune56 Wrote: My wife used to question me daily as to why I collect ( and play each daily ) eleven or so guitars - being that I have been a stride and jazz pianist all my life.....it’s a good point. This is what early retirement is all about. Nothing like sitting out in the backyard with my sweet golden retriever ( and, my wife ) playing the guitar that suits my mood at the time. Fortunately, a few solo keyboard albums on Pandora provide enough passive income to buy these guitars.....and oh yea, a 1938 nine foot baldwin grand. Currently a Gibson Keb Mo, 1935 Gibson L5, D’Angelico masterbuilt, Gitane Lulu Reinhardt signature, and my three Eastmans. Music keeps you alive. Thank god for a very understanding spouse.

But my wife may not be too happy when a 1940 Epiphone Emperor Regent arrives later this week.
Bert likes this post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NAMM 2019 - Other brands new models Bert 3 1,734 01-28-2019, 11:03 AM
Last Post: Bert