What other acoustic brands do you own?
Nice Bert!

What is your feedback on the Bourgeois? There is a very nice, high end acoustic dealer here in AZ (https://acousticvibesmusic.com/) - and they carry the brand. I have always been quite impressed with Bourgeois when I've had a chance to play one.
(01-08-2018, 10:51 AM)Meathead Wrote: Nice Bert!  

What is your feedback on the Bourgeois?  There is a very nice, high end acoustic dealer here in AZ (https://acousticvibesmusic.com/) - and they carry the brand.  I have always been quite impressed with Bourgeois when I've had a chance to play one.

I had a Adi / mahogany Bourgeois dred for quite a while - it was really nice looking, top shelf materials, fine workmanship, pretty good to play - it just didn't have the "it" that we are all looking for - sold it for more than I paid for it, something that usually doesn't happen for me. I think that there may be some scuttlebut out there about "the older ones are better" - you might want to check into it before pulling the trigger - mine was one of the older ones.......
Paul, I've had similar experience with a SCGC Tony Rice and Collings D1A, just didn't fit me but both times I got more in return than my investment. Agree, doesn't happen all that often.

My Collings, SCGC, & Bourgeois were purchased used (over time) as investment, based on net present value.... beats the hell out of having the money in a retirement account earning diddle squat. Wish I had 30 of these in 2008.

Tim, the 2013 Bourgeois Custom 00 has the sweetest tone of any guitar I have ever played. It has Pao Rosewood b/s and Redwood top, Dana says Pao Rosewood is a light colored version of Braz Rosewood which he builds with often. The Redwood top is not cedar but has more in common with cedar tonewise than spruce. It's as loud as any 00 I've ever played, the lower bout is 14 5/8" width, no issues with headroom. Dana is very talented at tone tapping his tops to the natural harmonics of the wood, the balance is exceptional. The neck plays like a dream, especially great for my rhythmic arpeggio up the fretboard. I got it in a trade with a good friend a couple months ago, Bourgeois pickguard should be arriving any day.

Main point to make is that my Eastman AC630 & E20OM-TC take no back seat.
Besides my 2 Eastmans, my SO and I have in our collection a Martin MMV dread that is my SO's. And we have 2 Taylors, a Big Baby from 2003 that's aged nicely and a 314ce which has that signature Taylor playability. That being said, I think I prefer my Eastman all Sapele Grand GA that was under $500 to the Taylor. I continue to be astonished at how good it sounds. We have some some electrics and 12 strings as well.
Eastman E1SS-CLA-LTD
Northwood R70-000 2019
Martin D-18 2016
Eastman E20SS 2015
I worked in a small acoustic shop for 5 or 6 years, so I was able catch and release several nice instruments: Bourgeois, Collings, SCGC, Huss and Dalton, Eastman, Pogreba, Martin, Gibson, Blueridge, Seagull, and a few others.

We currently have 2 Eastmen and 2 Seagulls, a Gibson, and a Pogreba. I sold my D18 two days ago am on the hunt for its replacement.
I'm about to place my Seagull Artist Mosaic dread up for sale. It's a fine guitar, but it's not getting any love with three Eastman dreads in the house.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
I'm down to three guitars. Eastman E10D, Eastman E6D. 

My brand X is a Waterloo WL-14. (Ladder braced). 

I was pretty happy too, until I saw Bert's stable.
My Guild DV-62 is a wonderful guitar, a sitka/rosewood dread made in 1994. I became acquainted with Guild when I played a Guild D-55 in a shop, a $3500 new, $2000 to $2500 used guitar, which I claim to be the best sounding guitar I've ever played. My Guild DV-62 is similar, but not as good. I've owned a couple of Guild GAD-50 dreads (China made), which are also close to the D-55, yet at a low used price of about $600 in xlent condition. All very different voices than Eastmans, which I'd generalize as chiming boutique voicing. The above Guild models are more mellow, smooth, extreme surprising great bass. The newer model, expensive Eastman E40D IMO, sounds similar to these Guilds, well, the specific one that I played 2 weeks ago. My favorite Eastman would be sitka top, rosewood body.

Eastman AC422CE
CAUTION: I'm Singing A Christian Song (AC422)[/font][/size]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfM4wJZUYoE

you have to remember - I've been playing for a wee while - 55 yrs in fact - on 'n of.
Started on mandolin 'n tenor banjo pre teens.
so dis iz wat I got.
Lowden L25 (1988) this is now the O25, GL sent me it after a few phone calls back 'n forth, said If I liked to send him the money.
Bourgeois JOM (1998) had been one of three sent to the Frankfurt Music Fair, I snapped it up on it's way back to the States, it was bought to gig with.
Alvarez Yairi DY72 12 string
Francesco Brothers [i]Alicante Spain (nylon) Spanish classical.[/i]
One I built myself Flamenco /Latin nylon, at a  2 year course college for stringed instrument building - traditionally made - hide glue / french polish.
oh - and my little Eastie E6OM - bought in 2013 for taking to jams etc.
I also 'try my hand' at the Uilleann Bagpipes - thats the Irish pipes, and the 'Low' whistle.
I also do a fair bit of 'Electronica' - beats 'n Bleeps + some orchestral cinematic style compositions.
Changes in the mix...

When you turn 70 1/2yrs (still feel no more than 69), you pay a big penalty if you don't make a required withdrawal from an IRA.  Friends / family said just roll it over to a savings account, hilarious.  So last year, in comes a 2008 Collings CJ and 2013 Bourgeois 00, better plan than a stinkin bank account I ask?   Rolleyes   

A friend had been asking about my E10SS, offered me a trade.  Had 6 great yrs with the SS but the CJ stole that job.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NAMM 2019 - Other brands new models Bert 3 1,734 01-28-2019, 11:03 AM
Last Post: Bert