What other acoustic brands do you own?
I've owned a Seagull Artist Flame Maple, and a Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood, a Tacoma, and a older vintage Gibson...after my E8 OM came along, I just lost interest in the others...gave some away, traded others...the E8 OM was just about perfect...now I have a 2nd Eastman...I may officially be an Eastman snob!..lol
sleigh, Bert, sagebrush tom, Pura Vida like this post
I'm right there with you Scooter, I must be a Eastman snob too!
Bert likes this post
2015 E20 OM SB Eastman
2021 000-15 SM Martin
2016 00-18 Martin
2015 E10 00 Eastman
(06-16-2019, 09:01 AM)Pura Vida Wrote: Stephen, agreed.  For the Artist series, they replaced their QII dual-mic system with an LR Baggs Element, and also changed the fretboards from Rosewood and Ebony to Richlite.  I think they realized that price increases would move their guitars into different categories, and thereby, lose some of their "value" factor, so they tried to find ways to avoid those price increases.  The S6 is their #1 seller, so as long as they keep it under $500 street, they will be ok.

I keep thinking that while I look to sell my 2007 Seagull Performer and my 2018 Guild OM-140ce, I intend to keep my 2013 Seagull Artist Studio because they don't make them like that anymore and frankly it sounds really nice both acoustic and plugged-in. However, I have this suspicion that if I ever run across an Eastman E20D I might change my mind on that, too.
Pura Vida likes this post
Best, Steve

6 string acoustics: 2018 Eastman E10D (Red Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 Eastman E6D-TC (Alpine Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 AC522CE - GB (European Spruce/Mahogany)
Electric guitar: 1964 Guild Starfire V semi-hollow electric
Acoustic Bass: Epiphone El Capitan 5 String Acoustic/Electric Fretless (Year ?)
YouTube: sleighwriter
I had a 2008 Artist Studio QII, which was really nice and mellow.  But when I got my first Eastman (an E40D), the Artist Studio's days were numbered.  My last Seagull was a 2016 Artist Mosaic, which was fantastic (and the only year that they made it with an ebony bridge and board).  I was reluctant to sell it, but it didn't have the headroom needed for my playing style.  Also, I was overstocked and wanted to get a Sitka top back into the mix, since I sold off the Artist Studio a couple years ago.

The E20D is excellent, but also consider the E8D, which is its Sitka equivalent and almost $300 less.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
The other guitar brand I am giving heavy consideration to right now is Emerald Guitars.  Carbon fiber.  I'd love to own one of their X20 Synergy harp guitar models - but it is not cheap.  https://emeraldguitars.com/guitars/emerald-synergy-x20/  .. The idea of a owning a guitar that is impervious to humidity and temp is growing in appeal here in the desert of AZ.
Zissou Intern, Pura Vida, Bert, ThemisSal, sleigh like this post
Interesting looking instrument the guitarharp - but I have my work cut out managing 6 strings. I wonder if there is any footage of a blindfold A/B wood/carbon fibre guitar challenge around.
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
Alan, from what I've read, CF sound nice.  But they are not a direct replacement for a wood instrument.  But they are fairly impervious to the elements, which is great.  I've thought about finding one to keep down in the tropics of Costa Rica.  I usually take an acoustic guitar with me, but it's such a pain to carry on travel days, plus the humidity and hot weather... I may skip it for this trip.
AlanSam likes this post
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
(06-19-2019, 09:51 AM)AlanSam Wrote: Interesting looking instrument the guitarharp - but I have my work cut out managing 6 strings. I wonder if there is any footage of a blindfold A/B wood/carbon fibre guitar challenge around.

Alan - I liked this comparison between CF and Wood McPherson guitars...

Really interesting! Brilliant that the two guitars are so similar in shape and dimension, good basis for this exercise. I must confess to not having even heard of McPherson guitars before now.

https://www.premierguitar.com/articles/m...5-review-1

I note that both guitars have pickups fitted – I am assuming that they are being played ‘unplugged’ (just the studio microphone) – seems like it, and we are not told otherwise. I must admit, irrespective of how the sound of the guitars was captured I couldn’t detect too much difference between them (ok, obviously it’s not like I was in the room whilst they were being played). I think deep down I wanted the wood to sound miles better. Doh!
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
In my sig...
2014 Martin D-28;
2013 Martin OM-21;
2009 Martin OOO-M;
2012 Lakewood M-34 12 Custom;
2020 Guild F40e;
2008 Lakewood M-18;
2007 Hanika 54PC.
2021 Eastman E1-D Cla.
2023 Yamaha FS-3.