Introduce yourself!
(02-27-2018, 09:45 PM)Zissou Intern Wrote: Better late than never...

Geographic Location:  I'm in the Pacific Northwest. I grew up in the Great Lakes region and spent a decade in the Rockies. 

How did you discover Eastman: I worked in a small acoustic shop several years ago, and I heard about Eastman from one of the major brand reps. I loved the first one, I picked up, an E10D. I couldn't believe that they were building a guitar at that level for that price. I have since owned two E10D's, an E10SS, and an E20D as well as a MD315 and MDA815. My wife has an AJ816 and an AJ817-12 string. They are amazing carved back jumbos. 

Favorites related to Eastman - favorite models & wood combos, and which model is next on your purchase list:  I will have an E6D shipping out to me tomorrow or the next day. I am patiently waiting for Eastman to make the first Smekman 12 fret dread...

Music interests & anything else:  I am a hack musician, but I love guitars and other stringed instruments. Norman Blake and Neil Young are my musical heroes. 

Zissou Intern
I live in Kent, WA a little SE of SeaTac Airport. If you live close, we could get together sometime! I love to visit Dusty Strings in the Fremont section of Seattle. We could meet there and do lunch sometime. Cool
campacj
Hey folks,

My name is Ted, and as some of you know my wife Helene and I own LA Guitar Sales in West Hollywood, California. My first introduction to Eastman guitars was about ten years ago when a customer brought in an AC812 to trade in. I was so impressed with that guitar that I took it home for the weekend so I could have some with it in my guitar room. After that weekend I decided to look in to the brand further. The next Winter NAMM I stopped by the Eastman booth and was approached by their regional sales rep, Steve Bernstein who told me that without an appointment he could only give me ten minutes. An hour later I had around 30 guitars ordered, and we haven't stopped since.

I was, and still am to a point an avid collector of guitars, so I've owned and played just about everything available, and I continue to be impressed with the these guitars, so I am glad to see a forum dedicated to this company.
Dmaples63 likes this post
Ted
LA Guitar Sales - 310.246.1933
(03-24-2018, 08:16 AM)Ted @ LA Guitar Sales Wrote: Hey folks,

My name is Ted, and as some of you know my wife Helene and I own LA Guitar Sales in West Hollywood, California. My first introduction to Eastman guitars was about ten years ago when a customer brought in an AC812 to trade in. I was so impressed with that guitar that I took it home for the weekend so I could have some with it in my guitar room. After that weekend I decided to look in to the brand further. The next Winter NAMM I stopped by the Eastman booth and was approached by their regional sales rep, Steve Bernstein who told me that without an appointment he could only give me ten minutes. An hour later I had around 30 guitars ordered, and we haven't stopped since.

I was, and still am to a point an avid collector of guitars, so I've owned and played just about everything available, and I continue to be impressed with the these guitars, so I am glad to see a forum dedicated to this company.

And Ted at LA Guitars has for years, had an excellent reputation for treating Eastman guitar buyers professionally and fair, as evident by only postive reviews and comments after their purchases.

Eastman AC422CE
CAUTION: I'm Singing A Christian Song (AC422)[/font][/size]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfM4wJZUYoE

Welcome, Ted!  Glad to have you on the EGF.  Appreciate the excellent purchasing experiences, plus all the insight, and looking forward to your contributions here, as well.  Cheers!
Hey Ted - welcome aboard, glad to have you with us!  I have heard nothing but good things about LA Guitar Sales.

I enjoyed reading the background story of how you first encountered Eastman, then eventually became a dealer.  Very cool, thanks for sharing.  While I have your attention - question for you: Not sure if you know, I am curious if you know if Eastman plans to add the TC tops to their E40 series?
Hello, new guy on the forum, a first for me! Located in the Milwaukee WI area. I discovered Eastman guitars while searching for an arch top guitar, and when I saw the quality of the instruments at the price point they sell at I was amazed. I never did buy the arch top guitar (my next purchase), but I purchased an E6OM as I had never owned an OM style guitar. An excellent guitar, especially considering the price. I had previously owned other expensive boutique instruments which were very good, but very expensive. I am a bang for your buck type of guy, and after seeing the quality and sound of the E6OM I was hooked on Eastman. I play mostly bluegrass, folk and American style roots music, and in the past have only owned dreadnaught style guitars. Two weeks ago I bought an E40DSB from a nice fellow off of EBAY, so I now own two Eastman guitars in the span of one month! Both have exceeded my expectations, and my wife laughed nervously when I told her I might have to fill the house with these things... Been playing guitar for 48 years and have bought and sold many, these are great instruments regardless of price. See you soon.
Kevin
(03-27-2018, 06:05 PM)kjmguitar Wrote: Hello, new guy on the forum, a first for me! Located in the Milwaukee WI area. I discovered Eastman guitars while searching for an arch top guitar, and when I saw the quality of the instruments at the price point they sell at I was amazed. I never did buy the arch top guitar (my next purchase), but I purchased an E6OM as I had never owned an OM style guitar. An excellent guitar, especially considering the price. I had previously owned other expensive boutique instruments which were very good, but very expensive. I am a bang for your buck type of guy, and after seeing the quality and sound of the E6OM I was hooked on Eastman. I play mostly bluegrass, folk and American style roots music, and in the past have only owned dreadnaught style guitars. Two weeks ago I bought an E40DSB from a nice fellow off of EBAY, so I now own two Eastman guitars in the span of one month! Both have exceeded my expectations, and my wife laughed nervously when I told her I might have to fill the house with these things... Been playing guitar for 48 years and have bought and sold many, these are great instruments regardless of price. See you soon.
Kevin

Welcome to the EGF Forum KJM. It's fun to read how folks came to an appreciation for Eastmans. Many of us here will be envious of you, having an E40D, especially the Sunburst. I did play one last month and I really loved it, playability and tone. Would appreciate any comments about your E40D in the "Eastman Acoustic Guitars" section. Looking forward to your comments and contributions.

Eastman AC422CE
CAUTION: I'm Singing A Christian Song (AC422)[/font][/size]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfM4wJZUYoE

Welcome, kjmguitar! I began filling my house with Eastman guitars, so I’ll male sure my wife doesn’t talk to yours! Cheers!
Kevin, welcome to the forum, you're off to a roaring first month with Eastman Guitars.

Eastman got started building orchestral stringed instruments; violins, cello, etc.  In keeping, hand carved archtops were their first guitars.  My son and I are on our 3rd Eastrman archtop, we traded the AR810ce for an AR880ce which he enjoys, and I recently picked up a 2006 AR805ce.  I've been playing Eastman flattops for 7-8yrs yet no matter how good Eastman flattops are....

Don't let the lack of archtop talk around here persuade you in another direction, Eastman archtops are in a league of their own. 

bert
Quote:Both have exceeded my expectations, and my wife laughed nervously when I told her I might have to fill the house with these things

Hey Kevin, welcome to EGF!  Loved your quote above  Big Grin

Glad to have you join us.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Allow myself to introduce...myself 3DayPhunk 7 2,142 01-10-2019, 10:49 PM
Last Post: Wildfield