Introduce yourself!
(11-14-2018, 07:22 AM)AlanSam Wrote:
(11-14-2018, 05:35 AM)Thedman Wrote: Geographic Location?
Far northern Illinois near the Wisconsin border

How did you discover Eastman?
About 7 years ago I was looking for a decent mandolin without breaking the bank and all my web searching kept bringing me back to Eastman so I bought a MD605. After that I taught at a music store that carried Eastman so I was able to audition a lot of different models and I ended up getting a AC722CE (love that guitar) Recently I just bought a T486 love that guitar too. I currently have an E20D on order. I'm a lefty so I have to select what's available when it's available 

Favorites related to Eastman - favorite models & wood combos, and which model is next on your purchase list?
I love so many of their models but if the right Archtop came along it would be hard for me to say no. I also have my eye on an E20OO

Music interests & anything else?
I own a recording studio and spent my career recording bands, songwriters jingles etc. A couple of years ago I decided to open my own music store and of course I started carrying Eastman. Throughout the years I've played in many bands and I'm currently mainly playing acoustic music solo and in a duo.

Welcome you old hippy (it takes one to know one ha ha!)  

Hey I resemble that remark. Smile Thanks
Thedman, great to have you join the forum.  You have a very diverse background in music which means much to the hive.  I'm always amazed by people who play left handed, it's hard enough right handed.   Cry

welcome, bert
errikwong, Pura Vida, Meathead like this post
Thought I'd do a proper self-introduction!

Geographic Location?
Singapore; aka the home of Crazy Rich Asians. We're not like that at all, by the way. But we are obsessed with food.

How did you discover Eastman?
I had read about the brand in magazines; word does travel when a company is making high quality semi and full hollows that take the fight to the big boys, with nitrocellulose finish no less! In another post elsewhere on this forum, I first tried an Eastman T486 in Rudy's Music Soho. I fell in love instantly, and the hunt for one back here in South-East Asia began in earnest.

Favorites related to Eastman - favorite models & wood combos, and which model is next on your purchase list?
I own a T486 and an AR-371CE-2 full hollow that has been pimped out with Fralins, Compton bridge, Bigsby B11 etc. I really like Ebony boards and Maple necks, so Eastman models are very appealing to me. I am setting my sights on an SB-56n-GD as my next guitar purchase.

Music interests & anything else?
I grew up listening to Queen, Neil Young, the Beatles and Michael Jackson. What a strange CD collection, my father had. I eventually got into the classic rock staples like the Rolling Stones, Les Zeppelin, Free, The Who, Deep Purple etc. I had a prog phase, so Pink Floyd, Yes, Rush, Genesis were all in the mix. When I lived in London from '09-'15 I delved into Jazz and Raggae while playing bass in a prog-metal band. Right now, I play guitar for a Top 40s cover band and I write music for my originals band doing funk, soul and pop.
Meathead and Pura Vida like this post
Hi all, just joined the forums.

I'm a guy in my late forties who is making a second attempt (as an adult) to learn how to play the acoustic guitar.  Several years ago I started learning, got through the first few basic chords (A, D, E, G), even bought a Taylor 214ce acoustic guitar.  Then our family went through a "series of unfortunate events" which necessitated my selling of the Taylor and a number of other hobby-oriented things, including a nice motorcycle.  During that time my focus was on other things and learning the guitar was something that fell by the wayside.  We're still digging ourselves out of the aftermath of that dark time...

However, things ARE improving, slowly.  For a while now, I have been wanting to get back into learning and playing the acoustic guitar.  A couple weeks ago I started playing around with my wife's Fender acoustic, which I had purchased when we were both trying to learn the guitar (before things went bad).  I started going through Justin Sandercoe's lessons on his website, justinguitar.com.  My wife heard me practicing, and she said that she, too, had been considering picking up the guitar again.  Uh-oh.  We only had one guitar and that might make things a bit awkward.

As it happened, a local small guitar store is going out of business due to the owner retiring.  The owner also happens to be a musician/songwriter/singer and is a bass player in a locally well-known acoustic band.  His store was also an Eastman dealer.  So last Saturday I went in to see what might be available in the "less than $500" range.  I had been saving up some customer tips and small bonuses from my company and had just over $700 set aside for "hobby-related" stuff.

I ended up walking out with a 2018 Eastman AC122-1ce Grand Auditorium guitar.  Total price paid for guitar, padded Eastman gig-bag, gel humidifier and picks: $458 (US).  I know it isn't a "top-of-the-line" instrument, but it has a good sound and is easier for me to play than my wife's Fender.  When the store owner demo'd the guitar, it sounded great!  He assured me that this guitar would be plenty good for my needs as a beginning player and would carry me well into being an Intermediate player, though he said that if I stick to the guitar, I will probably start wanting to acquire more of them.

So...Hello everyone!
Meathead and Rich like this post
Welcome, Guitarbarian!  I'm also a 40-something making my second run at guitar playing.  It's been more enjoyable the second time around, and I wish the same for you.  Eastman makes fine instruments, and I'm sure that the AC122ce will serve you well.  This is a great group here, and we're happy to have you join us.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
Hi everyone,

I have posted before but never introduced myself. Here goes ....

Geographic location:  I Live in Sydney, Australia in an area called the Northern Beaches.

How did you discover Eastman? Just this year, I went into a store and saw the Eastman T59v and fell in love with it. 
I had read about Eastman in the past on line and was intrigued. I am a ES335 kinda guy and up until recently had two 1959 ES345s, a '61 ES335 and a "64 ES345. There was a Tokai and Greco ES in the mix somewhere too. I have been selling off all the vintage gear but missed the feel of a good semi ................ so I ended up buying an Eastman T386 RD which I love.

Favorites related to Eastman:  I particularly love the 1.75" neck at the nut because I have big hands and the string spacing is perfect. I love the very thin nitro finish and also the antiqued varnish finish (I will address this in a new post). 
The necks are a little thin for me but I can live with them OK.  Eastman laminated semis are quite lively and very responsive.

Music interests / other:  My music interests are wide and varied from Allan Holdsworth to the Beatles, Bach to Chic Corea. 
At the moment, I am the guitarist in a 5 piece gigging band playing bluesy, rocky, jazzy music of Robben Ford, B B and Freddie King, Gary Moore, Eric Clapton and the like. My gigging amp is a Marshall JTM45 with a 2x12 or a Fender VibroKing.

Thanks for allowing me to be part of this Forum. I am an Eastman convert.

Alex
Pura Vida likes this post
Welcome Guitarbarian, I believe that you have made a good decision for a re-starter guitar.  Learning guitar is like osmosis and should be great fun with your wife on-board.  best wishes

ultra, we had the great fortune of spending a week in Sydney plus Queensland in the fall of 89', fell asleep in the Opera House after 30hr flight from US... I think the fat lady did sing.    Welcome to the EGF, congratulations on the T386, sweet guitar.
bert
(12-01-2018, 07:12 PM)Bert Wrote: Welcome Guitarbarian, I believe that you have made a good decision for a re-starter guitar.  Learning guitar is like osmosis and should be great fun with your wife on-board.  best wishes

ultra, we had the great fortune of spending a week in Sydney plus Queensland in the fall of 89', fell asleep in the Opera House after 30hr flight from US... I think the fat lady did sing.    Welcome to the EGF, congratulations on the T386, sweet guitar.
bert

Thanks Bert. The fat lady will sing for you again on your next visit DownUnder. She is always there  :-)
Warm welcome Guitarbarian and Ultra, glad to have you guys join our Eastman community here.  Guitarbarian, I bet you will get a lot of mileage out of your 122.  Even the lower priced Eastman's sound great.  Enjoy, and also glad to hear you are coming out of a challenging time and into a better place!

Ultra, I always really enjoy seeing this forum created here in Arizona is reaching other places around the globe!  Very cool, and Australia is on my 'hope to travel there' someday list.

Cheers
Tim
Welcome, Alex!  Oz is on my list of places to visit, as well.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Allow myself to introduce...myself 3DayPhunk 7 2,153 01-10-2019, 10:49 PM
Last Post: Wildfield