Allow myself to introduce...myself
Allow myself to introduce...myself...

My name is Dan and I'm a long time Eastman guitar owner!

My first Eastman was an AR805ce, bought used in (or around) 2005. I was amazed by this thing. It had a big, acoustic sound. I was able to use it in jazz duo and trio settings without an amp. Ultimately, I stopped doing these small duo/trio, acoustic jams and needed something that would be a better fit in a full band electrically/amplified without feeding back...and moved on from the AR805.

My second Eastman was an El Rey 2 bought new from Jeff Hale's shop in 2006. It was one of the first ones and had a very early serial number (I think it was 003 IIRC?). I actually had Otto D'Ambrosio do a setup on it because at the time he had a shop in Providence, RI which isn't far from where I live. This guitar worked very well in large jazz group settings. But then I got the urge for a wider body, little more traditional type jazz guitar and moved on from the El Rey 2.

My third Eastman, of which I still have, was an AR403 bought in late 2012 from Bernunzio music shop. This guitar has been a jazz workhorse for me and has seen alot of gigs. I love the size...it's thin enough to be comfortable yet has enough depth to give a full hollow body jazz guitar type tone from Grant Green to Peter Bernstein. I'm playing less straight ahead jazz these days, but I still have the AR403 as my jazz axe.

My fourth Eastman, of which I still have, was an T386 bought in 2014 from Bernunzio music shop. I love this ting and it has been a workhorse for me in my funk, non-straight ahead jazz, and rock bands and gigs. I had no real problem with it stock, yet gear GAS made me replace all the electronics and I went with Gibson 57 Classic pickups. The guitar is fantastic and one of my favorite I've ever had. These days, I'm wondering if there's an Eastman that might be a step up from my T386 though. Like the T59, T186, etc.
Bert and Meathead like this post
Hi 3DayPhunk, and welcome on board! I am an acoustic man of middling capabilities - not nearly as accomplished a guitarist as you and many on this forum! I have a cheap ES335 copy, Strat copy and Crafter electro acoustic which I bumble around with once every couple of months. Interesting how long you have been into Eastman guitars - I only heard of them early 2018, and quickly bought myself an E10ooss/v which is my constant companion on the couch. 
   There are a number of electric Eastman aficionados on this forum who will doubtless talk your language better than me. One guitar which I know has caused a bit of a stir in some quarters is the Eastman ER4. You might well know of it, but this is a link to a review of it by a dealer in England. I have no financial interest in them so I hope the moderator will not shout at me too loudly - https://youtu.be/7JykbOzKLkw

ps did I detect a reference to the Stones in your introduction? If so -

thank you for introducing yourself
   as a man of wealth and taste
   you've been around for a long, long year
   stolen many a man's soul and faith …

if not, oops, ha ha
3DayPhunk likes this post
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
3day's introduction was all Austin Powers, but I wouldn't be surprised if the origins are much older. Plagiarism is the ultimate form of flattery.
TomC
Pura Vida, AlanSam, 3DayPhunk like this post
Pleased to meet you.... 

(see what I did there?)

Alan, the correct response would have been...  jazz boxes?  That sort of thing ain't my bag, baby!
AlanSam and 3DayPhunk like this post
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
I definitely need a crash course in Austin Powers (and quickly)!
Pura Vida likes this post
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
3DayPhunk, welcome to the EGF.  So good to have you join the forum, you bring a good bit of diversity to the group, it is most warmly received.  Moving in/out of various styles of music is the way to go for me, love to mix blues/jazz/rock, etc.

I traded my AR805ce for a custom Chris Roberts amp last year and picked up an El Rey 4.  No straight line jazz for me but it works very well for a good bit of crossover in my songwriting.

Eastman touches on so many levels with their great guitars and keeps us all coming back.

best regards, bert
3DayPhunk - big welcome to EGF! Glad to have you aboard - definitely have our crew of Eastman electric players here (in addition to the beloved acoustics!)

Tim
Welcome!  Wow, some nice guitars!  Thank you for your introduction.  Looking forward to reading more of your posts.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introduce yourself! Meathead 499 104,303 05-08-2024, 09:06 AM
Last Post: Tcamp