Introduce yourself!
Ron is an old friend to us long time Eastman players, in case you don't know:

Performed by 'The Highwaymen':
"The Last Cowboy Song"  © Ed Bruce & Ron Peterson

Also, Ron was a member of Ronnie & The Daytons in the 60's, their hit song:
https://youtu.be/o_FSicQWimU
Hello! I'm Franky Andreas, a guitar instructor/working guitarist/luthier's assistant. 

Geographic location: Burlington Vermont

How did you discover Eastman?  One of my gigs is working as a General Manager (of sorts) for a Luthier-owned vintage/consignment shop that happens to be an Eastman Dealer. Said Luthier is a certified warranty luthier for the following brands: Martin, Taylor, Guild, Fender and all the subsidiary brands. I've had the privilege of working on some incredible instruments: including pre 1800's violins, pre 1900's Martins, Gibson A2 Mandolins - list goes on. 

Both the Master Luthier and I maintain the following to be true: Eastman guitars truly are on par with Martin and Taylor. Understand that I personally LOVE Martins and Taylors, and consider either to be worth the money. 

If Eastman can truly embody the ethical employment practices it seems to, and they can still pass those savings on to a Western Market then it's a no brainer. These are world class guitars. Build quality, tone and play-ability are all on par with the other top tier mass producers. 

Favorites related to Eastman:  My AC808CE is my favorite guitar to date. I've owned (and currently own) a number of great guitars (granted most are solid-body). But my AC is my favorite overall. 

Music interests / other:  John McLaughlin, Paco De Lucia, Al Di Meola, Mikael Akerfeldt, Tomatito, CSNY, Joe Pass, Django, Animals As Leaders, Meshuggah, Chick Corea . . . . my work is my main interest (weird combination of session work and original work), however I'm fascinated with Primatology, Anthropology, Social Adaptation, Natural Selection vs Artificial Selection. 

I haven't been a big forum guy for the last several years, not sure why I wanted to give this one a shot. However I'm really in love with my AC808CE. It's given me an enthusiasm for my craft that I've been having a difficulty maintaining in the last decade.
Franky, welcome to the EGF! Good friends of mine just moved to Burlington. It’s a beautiful part of the country.
Hey Franky, a warm welcome aboard, and glad you decided to give EGF a shot!

I enjoyed reading your luthier perspective on how well Eastman compares with Taylor and Martin (also great guitars, of course!)

I actually was in Burlington VT in February, and it was during a very rare warm streak during that month (I think the temperature was in the low 60's, which I was told was very unusual).  If I am ever in Burlington again, I will reach out and plan to swing by your shop!  By the way - I'm also a Joe Pass fan... what a great player.

Welcome!
(04-22-2018, 08:50 PM)Mcintosh Wrote: Hey guys,
My name is Adam and I’m an Eastman fan. I’ve owned a number of dreadnought acoustics, and some mandolins, and I’m now loving the SB59/V! I just ordered a burst one. I found Eastman while working for a retailer. Been a fan ever since. I’m a bluegrass musician, and I play some electric music on occasion.
Thrilled to be here!
Adam

It is a delight to watch you pick! Welcome aboard.

Ron
Welcome Ron, Adam and Franky!

And Adam--- I have a SB/59-V and cannot say enough good things about it. Put it this way, I've been lost playing it for the past 3-4 weeks to the degree that I'd pretty much forgotten the internet existed. And have owned it for some time now, so it's not so much like a 'new love affair' but more like a 'great marriage'. They are phenomenal guitars. Welcome to the forum.
Anderson
Hello everyone, grew up in Central Fl. Now I live on Florida east coast not around the big city though. 

Discovered Eastman while reading an article in Acoustic Guitar on guitar value and other names beside the big four.

Leaning toward an E20M (if I can figure out the confusing models and series) to use as a fingerstyle git.

If anyone wants to explain the differences in the Eastman models I would appreciate it.

Cheers
FloridaSon, welcome to the EGF.  Eastman is becoming a household name with players thanks to the quality... not the hype.  In the early days there were only the AC (acoustic) models, which are still around.  About ~ 8yrs ago they introduced the 'E' (traditional) models.

Eastman OM models are very popular with fingerstyle players, although also good for a pick.  The model name will tell you the shape & woods used in the build.  i.e., (E20OM) 20 =  rosewood/red spruce (adi) - OM body style.  regards, bert

https://www.eastmanguitars.com/acoustic_orchestra
Welcome, FloridaSon!

Tagging onto Bert's reply, Eastman's models usually combine a series of smaller codes.

Series:
E = traditional series (dread, OM/000, and parlor)
AC = acoustic series (GA only, I think)
PC = Pacific coast series (entry level versions of both E and AC series)

Tonewood combo:
6 = Mahogany/Sitka
8 = Rosewood/Sitka
10 = Mahogany/Adi
20 = Rosewood/Adi
40 = Rosewood/Adi (premium)

But they just added two new models:
1 = Sapele/Sitka
2 = Sapele/Sapele

Body Size:
D = dread
OM = OM/000
P = parlor
SS = slope shoulder dread

So, an E20OM is traditional series, Rosewood/Adi, OM size.

The AC model #s are designated by tonewood combos.  Rather than listing them, here's the link:  https://www.eastmanguitars.com/acoustic_...auditorium

Hope this helps!
Hi FloridaSon - welcome to EGF... you won't be disappointed with any Eastman model you choose!

Thanks Brian for the Eastman specification/model chart.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Allow myself to introduce...myself 3DayPhunk 7 2,143 01-10-2019, 10:49 PM
Last Post: Wildfield