Introduce yourself!
fyi, I'm pretty sure that Taylor Mullins (Holter Pickguards) is still in Chattanooga, TN. He is terrific and I can also highly recommend.
Bert, thanks for the clarification on Taylor’s location. One of his pickguards was on a huge banner featuring Keith Urban in Nashville. Anyway, I just sent him a follow up email on my E40D guard. :)
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
Hello to Bert (and beautiful canine) CRM and sing4Him who bring a lot of loyalty, wisdom and knowledge to the forum. Thank you so much to whoever had the idea and then took action to start this forum. I know many from the Acoustic Guitar Forum will be sneaking over here to continue to feed their curiosity over what the big deal is about Eastmans.

Geographic Location?
East Tennessee (Greeneville, TN an hour east of Knoxville)

How did you discover Eastman?
 I played a Blueridge BR-73 is a shop and was amazed at the tone and comfort, then found the Unofficial Blueridge Guitar Forum on the web. It kept that name, but evolved thru loving Stanford Guitars, into loving Eastmans. (a bit of passion for Pono Guitars there recently)

Favorites related to Eastman - favorite models & wood combos.
Favorite wood combo evolved from sitka/rosewood, to engleman/rosewood and now back to sitka/rosewood. For years I wanted nothing to do with mahogany, but now also love mahogany.

Which model is next on your purchase list?
AC312 or AC322 and also trading my AC420 for a smaller AC422.

Music interests & anything else?
I sing and play mellow stuff, Simon & Garfunkel, ballads, Christian mellow, and the great Bob Dylan. I sing solos in church occasionally, sing in open mic cafe's and each month in a senior's care home. A dream would be to be the lead singer in a Bob Dylan Tribute Band. I don't look like him but I can sound similar.

Eastman AC422CE
CAUTION: I'm Singing A Christian Song (AC422)[/font][/size]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfM4wJZUYoE

Hi Billy, welcome to the brave new world.

Tim Shaw (meathead), who was a member of the UBGF, had the vision to bring about this EGF forum. It's much more well-rounded, featuring Eastman flattops, archtops, elecs, etc. No conflicts with other pacrim brands and certainly not genre centric.

Since September, this forum has attracted many new members who were not part of the blueridge forum, and many of the old forum members who mostly want to talk Eastman Music Co.

Tim has created a well-rounded forum with an open mind for discussion. my hero
Welcome billymo! I hope you're right about some AGF members hearing about us and joining in the discussion. I like AGF for a lot of things, but like Bert said, this site has been really great and much more personalized.
Yep I thought you were the Billy I knew from the UBGF when I saw the DV-62 in your signature............Then your location in Tennessee. I had wonder what happened with you and your family.......You were going to look me up a couple of summers ago when you came out to California on a vacation but I never heard from you. Same thing happened to me last year when I went out to Georgia and I was only 20 miles from where Bert lived and ended up coming back to California before I was able to visit with him......that still bothers me that I didn't.......Anyway glad to see you aboard this new growing forum.
Curt
Curt, what part of CA do you live? I'm in Sacramento.
(02-22-2018, 10:42 AM)Pura Vida Wrote: Curt, what part of CA do you live?  I'm in Sacramento.

I am living out in Cypress which is close to Knott's Berry Farm at this time but will be moving up to the lake house soon in Lake Isabella near Kernville.
Billymo - glad you joined, and welcome to the forum! I had an AC312 (before I gave it to my Dad), another fantastic guitar... I saw it was on your 'next guitar' list. The good news is that the AC312 can often be found for quite good prices when buying used.

Bert - appreciate your kind comments my friend. It's been quite satisfying and fun watching our EGF forum grow and add new members.
Better late than never...

Geographic Location:  I'm in the Pacific Northwest. I grew up in the Great Lakes region and spent a decade in the Rockies. 

How did you discover Eastman: I worked in a small acoustic shop several years ago, and I heard about Eastman from one of the major brand reps. I loved the first one, I picked up, an E10D. I couldn't believe that they were building a guitar at that level for that price. I have since owned two E10D's, an E10SS, and an E20D as well as a MD315 and MDA815. My wife has an AJ816 and an AJ817-12 string. They are amazing carved back jumbos. 

Favorites related to Eastman - favorite models & wood combos, and which model is next on your purchase list:  I will have an E6D shipping out to me tomorrow or the next day. I am patiently waiting for Eastman to make the first Smekman 12 fret dread...

Music interests & anything else:  I am a hack musician, but I love guitars and other stringed instruments. Norman Blake and Neil Young are my musical heroes. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Allow myself to introduce...myself 3DayPhunk 7 2,142 01-10-2019, 10:49 PM
Last Post: Wildfield