Good decisions are like good decisions..... demo added post#22
Look at the Martin OM28A, thru saddle makes it an Authentic 1931 model.  Do you know how difficult it is to adjust the action on a thru saddle, sux.  Why would anyone want a thru/long saddle.... Deal breaker, I ordered the E20-OM tc.  Pic is of the one that should arrive at the UPS Worldwide Headquarters in ATL in 4-6days.  Then, the Big Brown Truck will have to travel about 35 miles.

note:  Both are MAP prices and offer free shipping.

[Image: NKziFof.jpg]
The martin does have some worthy differences. Hyde glue being one. But I agree there are not enough to warrant the massive difference in price.

There are a lot of people that claim a significant advantage in tone to a slot through saddle. I can't say that I have noticed it. Most new manufacturers (Martin incl) are doing a drop in slot through saddle so you can do a pickup install, etc. Gives you the look (which I like) and the tone advantages.
Bert, congrats on the new Eastman. Looking forward to more photos and initial thoughts when it arrives. And that’s a fine looking Adi top!
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
Congrats on your purchase Bert. Looking forward to NGD tread and first impressions. The tops on two guitars are definitely same grade and i've just notice they are both torrefied, so this would be first report from first hand.
I don't see why slot trough saddle would be better apart from look. Hide glue on the other hand could have addvantage. Long scale on martin is what i like better.
Wow that price difference!
Btw Bert, congrats on the purchase. Please let us know what you think. It was awesome to be a part of this series and very cool to see people getting them. I'm a believer in these TC guitars. Sometime you should check out the E10OM-TC. Also very cool.
Thanks EG fans,

I read a recent review by a boutique player who purchased a Bourgeois OM Country Boy with torrefied top, he described all the high end/pre-war type OM models he demo'd.  In summary he called the Eastman OM 'surpisingly great'. 

My recent experiences with CFM are not good, couple of models that were ready for a neck reset at less than 2yrs old.  In case you don't know, CFM no longer warrants neck resets... unless its at the time of a total eclipse with a rainbow in the background... iykwim.

I've primarily been playing mahogany in recent times but used to own an E8-OM.  E20-OM has been in the back of my mind for a long time but wasn't sure if I would like the stiff red spruce top.  After reading fab reviews of the torrified tops I felt it was time to go rosewood again.
Many years of experience with Eastman gives me great confidence in this purchase.  bert 

- - - - - - - -
All this TC talk is extremely tempting.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
Bert - I am excited to hear your review the the new Eastman. Really interested in the TC models as well. Congratulations on the new guitar.
Late Mon pm is what UPS says, be like watching grass grow until then.  

I called my good friend this afternoon to tell him about my TC coming... before I could tell him he told me that he just got an E10-00ss.  We have traded guitars with each other so many times can't count, he still can't have back the 2011 Cherryburst E10SS he bought new.  Shy
UPS came today........... Big Grin  

[Image: vUdHvkx.jpg]

[Image: 8bTIP8u.jpg]

[Image: SBH5hHz.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is this a good deal? Sixstring61 6 504 03-12-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: sagebrush tom
  One great guitar or two good ones? kruto 15 3,053 07-06-2023, 12:45 PM
Last Post: nobodeuno
  Dread decisions... Aahzz 27 4,331 03-17-2023, 04:33 AM
Last Post: nobodeuno