Good decisions are like good decisions..... demo added post#22
So, enough pics and yada....

short demo using BlueChip TD42 pick, glassy new EJ16 strings:

https://soundcloud.com/bertramd-1/e20-om-tc-demo
Sounds great, Bert. Thanks so much for sharing the demo.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
Sounds great! Thank you Bert for sharing.

By the way, how was the guitar set up? I assume good action?
Tim, yes the setup is spot on, at 12th fret... 3/32 low E and 2/32 high E. Fit and finish is comparable to the best out there. My little demo sounds a tad bright, new strings etc, began at the 9th fret and worked down the 6x12.

My son was over yesterday and gave it a good workout, he was impressed (his first love will always be his AC630). It was the first time I've had the chance to hear it played (fingerstyle & pick), sealed my initial thoughts of how sweet it is. We mused about the tree becoming a guitar theorem. It's bright/tight but the deeper/warm tones are just under the surface. Playing it in will be a great joy, like having a new baby in the house. goodly
E20-OM TC Naked

One week in and joy to the world........... except for the pickguard.

Eastman ships this guitar with a small OM guard. That's fine for players who pick at the bridge (lower) part of the sound hole. That ain't me babe, naw naw naw (thank's Bob).

Guitar Gallery in Nashville calls that an OM style guard. I oredered a larger 000 style today which will actually cover my area of concern. I play above the strings but my pinky feeler touches the upper part of the waist, tiny scratches can occur.... $40 for a tortoise pickguard is a fair price. The picture is approximately what the new guard will look like, they call it '50s vintage'... little dark will suit me.

The last guard I bought from GG was excellent, others say the same btw. bert

[Image: IPoarM2.jpg]
That's gonna look good. And I like the traditional, darker style too. I'm glad to hear that Guitar Gallery is decent. I had shopped them and Taylor at Holter Pickguards before chapboogie came through for me.
Thanks to Robin at Guitar Gallery in Nashville.

E20-OM TC is all set.... I would say the new pickguard is stately.

[Image: J4TiOs0.jpg]
Stately is the right word - looks great Bert! That top, with the wood graining, is so nice looking.
That's a beauty, Bert, and it sounds great, too. The new pick guard is perfect.
Agreed. Perfect pickguard for your TC Eastman. Hope it gets lots of playing time this weekend!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is this a good deal? Sixstring61 6 526 03-12-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: sagebrush tom
  One great guitar or two good ones? kruto 15 3,069 07-06-2023, 12:45 PM
Last Post: nobodeuno
  Dread decisions... Aahzz 27 4,385 03-17-2023, 04:33 AM
Last Post: nobodeuno