Good decisions are like good decisions..... demo added post#22
backdoc, welcome to the brave new world, rainy day here so I've been hangin out on EGF.

Make no mistake, you need to find one of these. EIR/TC adi vs Mahog/sitka would make a big diff on any brand/make and it does.... however. Eastman E20OM-TC and my Bourgeois 00 (pao rosewood/redwood top) are my fav two guitars I have ever owned. Martin who? although I do still have a geat little bluesy 000-17SM guitar. I had the 000-18 for 3yrs and it was nice but not exciting, very happy for the young man who went home with it.

E20OM-TC, when I first met an old friend, he had me in stiches right away talking about something new... he said "man, that's the most exciting thing I've seen since I saw my first, full-grown naked woman".... yep, you need a TC. bert
(02-28-2018, 01:20 PM)backdoc Wrote: I also have a CFM 000-18 that, try as I might, I can't fall in love with. This thread hits me right there because I was looking for info about these new thermo cured OM's and here I see you went from a 00018 to the Eastman. My Martin is going to the best luthier around in a couple weeks, if he can't make me love it, it's going up for sale and I'm going to find one of these.

Can you perhaps give your description of the tone of this guitar compared to you 00018? 
If you're looking to replace an 18 with an Eastman TC, maybe you want to get an E10OM-TC? (Mahogany). 

No affiliation with the seller - in fact I know zero about them - but just today I saw this.
(02-28-2018, 02:10 PM)eastmanschool Wrote:
(02-28-2018, 01:20 PM)backdoc Wrote: I also have a CFM 000-18 that, try as I might, I can't fall in love with. This thread hits me right there because I was looking for info about these new thermo cured OM's and here I see you went from a 00018 to the Eastman. My Martin is going to the best luthier around in a couple weeks, if he can't make me love it, it's going up for sale and I'm going to find one of these.

Can you perhaps give your description of the tone of this guitar compared to you 00018? 
If you're looking to replace an 18 with an Eastman TC, maybe you want to get an E10OM-TC? (Mahogany). 

No affiliation with the seller - in fact I know zero about them - but just today I saw this.

Thanks for the suggestion. I also have an Martin custom OM-15m all mahogany that I really love. I also have the E6D with mahogany and sitka, so I thought I would try the rosewood adi combination. I think I might not like the untreated adi, but with the thermo curing I think the E20OM TC is the way I want to go. Who knows. I really don't need all the guitars I have now, but I just love guitars. I do have a Yamaha LS6 that has laminated rosewood b/s and solid Engleman top that has been torrified with Yamaha's A.R.E. process and I love the way it sounds. So much so that again, another guitar is more of a want than a need.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is this a good deal? Sixstring61 6 526 03-12-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: sagebrush tom
  One great guitar or two good ones? kruto 15 3,069 07-06-2023, 12:45 PM
Last Post: nobodeuno
  Dread decisions... Aahzz 27 4,385 03-17-2023, 04:33 AM
Last Post: nobodeuno