Good decisions are like good decisions..... demo added post#22
(11-30-2017, 05:09 PM)Bert Wrote: Thanks to Robin at Guitar Gallery in Nashville.

E20-OM TC is all set.... I would say the new pickguard is stately.

[Image: J4TiOs0.jpg]

Beautiful guitar! May you enjoy it for many years. I also prefer tortoise pick guards. They just look more interesting than plain black IMO.   Cool
Taylor Mullins (Holter Pickguards) is making a new guard for my E40D (2017). I wasn't going to add a guard to my E40OM, but Bert's photo has me reconsidering. I think I like this longer teardrop than the shorter ones they give with the guitar.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
Thanks campacj,
imo... the E20OM-TC is one extraordinary musical instrument, I like it better than a friends Collings OM2H-T... make no mistake.

PV, the longer pickguard protects the finish where my pinky guides while playing with a pick. While I play above the strings, tiny scratches in the lacquer occur from my pinky fingernail with the short guard. Longer does not effect tone one tad.
Congratulations Bert, not just for getting another guitar, but for finding and buying a really great guitar, I'm excited for you.
And I sure respect your evaluation of any guitar!  Big Grin Eastman is biting some chunks out of the big guys. I played several new Collings at a guitar show Saturday, which just got me more passionate about my AC822 and AC422. If I was younger, I'd love to have a shop and sell Eastmans.

Eastman AC422CE
CAUTION: I'm Singing A Christian Song (AC422)[/font][/size]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfM4wJZUYoE

Makes sense, Bert. I don't play much fingerstyle, so pickguards are more fashion than function for me. I'll post photos, when I get my E40D guard.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
Don't know if this has been asked/answered above, but what's the neck size shape?

There's a Reverb.com-participating-shop with some OM10-TCs available and before doing anything rash, I'd really like to know if I could live with the neck.

Measurements would be appreciated, ol' buddy ol' pal...
Hey ES -
Any chance you are looking at this one?
https://reverb.com/item/7221515-eastman-...stra-model

Just FYI - that shop is owned by @"Chapboogie" who is one of the regulars here and I'm sure could answer questions for you. Keep us posted on your search!
E20OM-TC was in use this morning, righteous. Shy 

Using my digital calps, center of neck-back to center of fretboard top:

1.77" - nut

fret
2 = .870"
5 = .900"
7 = .932"
9 = 1.05"

comment: Perfect for me, not thin like the newer MLO Martins/Taylors, not fat like some C shaped....one size fits all would be my description of std Eastman neck, they do vary with finish sanding.
(02-28-2018, 10:14 AM)Bert Wrote: E20OM-TC was in use this morning, righteous. Shy 

Using my digital calps, center of neck-back to center of fretboard top:

1.77" - nut

fret
2 = .870"
5 = .900"
7 = .932"
9 = 1.05"

comment: Perfect for me, not thin like the newer MLO Martins/Taylors, not fat like some C shaped....one size fits all would be my description of std Eastman neck, they do vary with finish sanding.

Wow! Ask and you shall receive! Thanks Bert.
(11-20-2017, 06:04 PM)Bert Wrote: Thanks Tim,

The COA date is Oct 28, 2017.... makes it 23days old.  Word we read is that red spruce (adi) can be very stiff/harsh sounding when new, people don't want to wait through the break-in process.... years maybe?  Not in the cards with this TC is my strong first impression.  23days old, glassy sounding new strings, and the best Eastman flattop I've ever played.  The setup is dead on the specs listed by Eastman website.  Playability/tone is right on, love the std Eastman C shape neck, Eastman has come a long ways. 

Only played a std E20-OM for about 2mins several years ago.  However I owned an E8OM (sitka) for a couple years.  This E20OM-TC has the warmth of the E8 but much more responsive for light touch with a pick or fingerstyle (thumb fumble in my case), has adi punch in spades... without the harsh.

I thought that I might regret selling my 2014 Martin 000-18 a couple months ago.... good decisions are good decisions. 

[Image: cOydaWi.jpg]

Just joined this forum. I have an E6D that I LOVE!!! I also have a CFM 000-18 that, try as I might, I can't fall in love with. This thread hits me right there because I was looking for info about these new thermo cured OM's and here I see you went from a 00018 to the Eastman. My Martin is going to the best luthier around in a couple weeks, if he can't make me love it, it's going up for sale and I'm going to find one of these.

Can you perhaps give your description of the tone of this guitar compared to you 00018? Still no regrets?

Great forum here for these amazing guitars.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is this a good deal? Sixstring61 6 526 03-12-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: sagebrush tom
  One great guitar or two good ones? kruto 15 3,069 07-06-2023, 12:45 PM
Last Post: nobodeuno
  Dread decisions... Aahzz 27 4,385 03-17-2023, 04:33 AM
Last Post: nobodeuno