String Prices & Deals
Some deals should pop this week.  I'm keeping my fingers cross for a S&B 20% off sale, but I'm also looking to restock.  I usually enter the specific string brand and name into Google shopping and see if any prices pop.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
I saw the 15%, but was hoping for 20%.  That's what I got off of GHS earlier this year, and I think they offered 20% store wide last year (maybe not BF).  I may try to email them to see if they have anything else coming up in December.
S&B replied to my email.  15% is now through BF, and then they will have 20% on Cyber Monday (not released to the public, yet).  I'm not in a rush, so I'll take the extra 5% and place my order on Monday.
D'Addario EJ16 10-pk on sale for $36.99 via Amazon.

Use this link:  https://www.amazon.com/DAddario-Phos...4819181&sr=8-1
Meathead likes this post
Was looking around for a BF Elixir three pack deal.
Saw a three pack on ebay for $18.04

Seller's product description...

Dear customers, Please note:
Thank you want buy it. But I hope you know the guitar string is Made in China, but it's good quality, nice price.

When did ebay start allowing blatant counterfeit selling?
Pura Vida likes this post
(11-29-2019, 06:32 AM)Roy Wrote: When did ebay start allowing blatant counterfeit selling?

Pretty much as long as I've been buying and selling on Squeebay. All they want is that almighty dollar, and the sellers and buyers can go to blazes with their complaints.
"Act your age, not your shoe size" - Prince
(11-26-2019, 11:54 PM)Pura Vida Wrote: D'Addario EJ16 10-pk on sale for $36.99 via Amazon.

Sweet - thanks Brian!  I pulled the trigger on that set.  Great price for a bunch of packs.
eBay strings are suspect, even if they are not counterfeit.  They may be old or not stored properly.  I've heard enough horror stories to stay away from the Bay for strings.  Ordering up S&B at 20% off in two days.

(11-29-2019, 09:43 AM)Meathead Wrote:
(11-26-2019, 11:54 PM)Pura Vida Wrote: D'Addario EJ16 10-pk on sale for $36.99 via Amazon.

Sweet - thanks Brian!  I pulled the trigger on that set.  Great price for a bunch of packs. 

No problem.  Of course, my Amazon purchase history reminds me that I got two of the same 10-pk for $20.83 three years ago.  Times have changed.
(11-29-2019, 01:43 PM)Pura Vida Wrote: eBay strings are suspect, even if they are not counterfeit.  They may be old or not stored properly.  I've heard enough horror stories to stay away from the Bay for strings.
Buying strings off Squeebay has not been a bad experience for me. Your argument could be applied to Treeverb, or even Spamazon, too - right? After all - not all things sold on Spamazon ship from the nearest fulfillment center.

Stored improperly is one thing. It's usually obvious on the auction page pictures.

Old? I have a massive box of strings in my shop - all separated into types and sizes. Uke, classical, bronze, brass, electric stuff, plain steel, bass strings, full packs, single strings - all brands and types, no matter. Some of the artwork dates them back to the 80's, and they aren't rusted or in bad shape at all.
"Act your age, not your shoe size" - Prince
Totally agree about third party shippers.  I haven't shopped eBay or Reverb for strings, but I've read enough corroded string stories from eBay customers thinking they were getting a deal (if it's too good to be true, it usually is).  For those sites, I think that the seller's rating history comes into play.  I purchase from Amazon frequently, but never via 3rd party shippers, so Amazon directly takes care of any issues.  When I received some bad DR strings, Amazon had me toss them and gave me the choice of credit or replacements.

I recommend companies like Sweetwater and Strings & Beyond, who have great customer service, in case things go wrong.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Black Friday Deals SasquatchLife 7 2,650 11-02-2020, 05:59 AM
Last Post: gustavowoltmann
  BF / CM Deals Pura Vida 0 940 11-29-2019, 01:59 PM
Last Post: Pura Vida
  String Prices Pura Vida 0 914 11-24-2018, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Pura Vida