String Prices & Deals
Strings & Beyond:  in addition to the 15% store wide sale, all GHS strings are 20% off through the end of April.  You can't combine codes, but that's a pretty good deal.  I managed to modify my original order, adding another 6-pk of PB lights and upped my single packs of Vintage Bronze too.

https://www.stringsandbeyond.com/ghsstrings.html

Side note: I had an exchange with their store.  They were very nice and accommodating to change my order, but their site layout doesn't make it easy to find all the codes.  I received the email about the 15% off store sale, but unless I clicked on the GHS landing page, I would never know that they were offering 20% off.  But with free shipping and no sales tax, I'm happy to support them.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
Just ordered a few more sets of GHS strings before their promo ends.

PB 6-pk: $26.39 ($4.40/set)
Vintage Bronze: $4.39/set
Americana: $5.91/set

Picked, packed, and shipped within an hour.
Brian, just wanted to let you know the GHS PB Lights have given my 2001 SCGC VJ new life.  Put them on yesterday and couldn't believe how much more lively.  Shy

They have been on the B-00 for 3wks, good, about same as EJ16s.  Just got to try them as they say.

I'll be picking up a 6pk when the next coupon hits.  thx, bert
Pura Vida likes this post
That's great news!  I'm pretty settled on GHS PB lights and their Vintage Bronze, which are a little more mellow.
On my last order I wound up getting best I can remember about 3-4 different brands with an even mix of PB and 80/20 all same 12 gauge lights. Having owned my E10 OM for only about 6 months I'm pretty green concerning acoustic strings. What I do notice because I do a lot of finger picking and now just starting back trying to use a pick also is the tonal difference. 

Naturally using fingers gives a darker sound and a pick brightens it up. I don't see a dramatic brightness difference between the PB and 80/20 nor do I see a longevity in string life difference. I guess string sound varies from guitar to guitar, so what may sound preferable on one person's guitar may not be the case with another in addition to individual sound preferences. But now I do like my D'Addario PB's ha I just stay twix n tween...

I will say the tension on the same gauge Martin strings I bought was terribly hard. I wound up just taking them off after a couple of days as I could not even make a clean sounding chord. 

So in my particular case and guitar I actually prefer the 80/20's as the little bit of extra brightness works well for what I'm after especially finger picking as the PB's tend to sound dead and dull quickly. Brand wise I like the D'Addario but probably like the John Pearse more. Making another order and will try the 80/20 in a GHS in addition to JP and D'Addario's.
yep, you just have to try things.. over time I always (finally) settle in with what works for me and my pick.  I like JPs, my one ding is that they don't come in an air tight package, I've had to return a set or two of new strings with corrosion.

What works on one guitar does not on another.  The GHS PBs I'm trying work great on my VJ but don't get the job on my 00, went back to D'Add EJ16s after 3wks and all's well again.  Time with diff strings has always been the answer for me.
bert
I have come to love and prefer D'addario Nickel Bronze mediums on both my Eastmans.  Trouble is, they're pricey.  I picked some up on Strings and Beyond's recent tax sale.  I tried their balanced tension mediums on my E1OM, and I'm super pleased with the results.  

If anyone ever knows of a deal on Nickel Bronze, please keep us posted!
Bert likes this post
Treenewt,

2018 Larrivee OM-03
2020 Eastman E8OM-TC
2019 Eastman E2D-CD

The Wading Pool 

Treenewt, $11.99 seems to be the going rate, so buying on a promo (like the tax relief) seems to be the way to go.
+1 Tree, thanks to PV we've got a hot line to string deals.  Smile

I'm using NBs on a couple guitars.  If I annualize my usage, they cost less than PBs.  PBs last me about 4-5wks, my last set of NBs lasted 12wks.   Shy
Treenewt likes this post
S&B has 10% off for Mem Day:

http://www.stringsandbeyond.com
Pura Vida likes this post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Black Friday Deals SasquatchLife 7 2,651 11-02-2020, 05:59 AM
Last Post: gustavowoltmann
  BF / CM Deals Pura Vida 0 940 11-29-2019, 01:59 PM
Last Post: Pura Vida
  String Prices Pura Vida 0 914 11-24-2018, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Pura Vida