String Prices & Deals
hey Tom, great price for 10pk.  I just put a set of Martin FlexCore extra light 12strings on my Guild 71' F112, been using them for several yrs. 

Think I read about the Darco strings on the UMGF when they did a big change up in recent times.   thanks for posting, bert
Siminoff is running a 20% off two day sale. Straight Up Strings are similar to the SCGC Low Tension Parabolics. I use them on my E40 and I really like the sound, feel and life. They sale price works out to be $7.96/set compared to the $20 or so for the SCGC parabolics. The price shows $9.95 but it will corrected once you add them to a cart. The sale runs today and tomorrow.

https://straightupstrings.com/collection...for-guitar
Pura Vida likes this post
I went to the straight up strings site to order a set of those to try, but they wanted nearly $4 on top for shipping, so everyone should be aware that shipping will be extra. I decided to pass.
Best, Steve

6 string acoustics: 2018 Eastman E10D (Red Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 Eastman E6D-TC (Alpine Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 AC522CE - GB (European Spruce/Mahogany)
Electric guitar: 1964 Guild Starfire V semi-hollow electric
Acoustic Bass: Epiphone El Capitan 5 String Acoustic/Electric Fretless (Year ?)
YouTube: sleighwriter
When I can't find the strings I want at a local store, I use Strings By Mail. I used to buy a lot from Strings and Beyond; just this past week I ordered from them again and was reminded why I don't like to use them any more. Made an order on Wednesday, received notification today (Saturday) that they just shipped. Strings By Mail OTOH, ships the next day.

I'm not in a desperate hurry for the strings, but still, it's hard to figure the reason for a 3 day gap between payment and shipping.
Weird.  They've usually shipped quickly for me, even when I tried to stock them out of GHS strings a couple months ago.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
(09-07-2019, 02:17 PM)Pura Vida Wrote: Weird.  They've usually shipped quickly for me, even when I tried to stock them out of GHS strings a couple months ago.

Maybe it has something to do with my getting free shipping? In any case, the strings arrived today, so no foul.

Trying Martin Retro MLJ13 "LJ's Choice" on my E6D. I prefer lights, wanted to hear what mediums would do. These are sort of a hybrid set with lighter A, D and G strings. So a 'happy medium' set. Har har..
How do you like the Monel LJ's on the 6D?
(09-14-2019, 05:55 AM)Zissou Intern Wrote: How do you like the Monel LJ's on the 6D?

I really like 'em; as I learned to say in traffic court "with an explanation."

So, I'm rotating between 3 guitars, new strings on all, but after a handful of plays, yeah.

I've always identified as a "lights" guy, with only the occasional disappointment in their lack of resistance. But lights barely register on this particular E6D, so I was getting used to mediums on it, with only the occasional disappointment in their lack of suppleness. So the LJs really give me the best of both worlds. Resistance (outer strings) and supple inners.

Side note: the guitar went in for surgery*, so I'll be keeping an eye on the belly situation. Hopefully the LJ's are the right tension for its reduced condition.

* that's a whole other story.
Surgery??!!!   Sounds like a new thread.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
I think I should try a set of Monel LJ's on my J35. It is rocking the the Monel Lights right now. Problem is, the Monels last for 3 months or longer, so change moves at a glacial pace when it comes to Monel steel. 

I also think our friend, eastmanschool, needs to start a new thread about the E6D mods!
eastmanschool likes this post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Black Friday Deals SasquatchLife 7 2,650 11-02-2020, 05:59 AM
Last Post: gustavowoltmann
  BF / CM Deals Pura Vida 0 940 11-29-2019, 01:59 PM
Last Post: Pura Vida
  String Prices Pura Vida 0 914 11-24-2018, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Pura Vida