Eastman DT Series (DT30-D, DT30OM & DT30-GA) Double Top
I wanted to start a thread dedicated to the Eastman Double Top series - a model I am fascinated with.

Has anyone had a chance to play one yet? Would love to gather more information on this thread. I’m curious if the guitar really does sound louder, and what other benefits the DT brings to a steel string guitar.

A couple of construction videos...  The process does appear rather labor intensive!
I was told that the very first ones are being shipped out next week. There are a very few dreadnoughts, even less OMs and 1GACE. We'll be getting one of each of them at The Acoustic Shoppe including the only GACE. We'll be doing reviews and comparisons as they arrive.

PS these are also available for reservation before they arrive.

John
Pura Vida likes this post
Cool, thanks John.  I am looking forward to your review videos!

Tim
(02-15-2019, 08:36 AM)Chapboogie Wrote: I was told that the very first ones are being shipped out next week. There are a very few dreadnoughts, even less OMs and 1GACE. We'll be getting one of each of them at The Acoustic Shoppe including the only GACE. We'll be doing reviews and comparisons as they arrive.

PS these are also available for reservation before they arrive.

John

John - cannot wait!
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
Bumping this thread and taking an informal EGF poll:

Who is genuinely interested in the DT series because of the double top feature?
Here's a video we made at NAMM on the new Double Tops
https://youtu.be/45ft4EnjiJk
AlanSam likes this post
Tim, I think I'd need to hear them --- or have someone that I trust play one --- before I'd jump on one.  I was hesitant on buying my E10SS/v until I heard enough reviews and spoke with people I trusted, in order to make my purchase with confidence.
Bert likes this post
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
^^ what he said ^^
Pura Vida likes this post
Browsing 'Guitar' Magazine' I found in the '10 Best of the NAMM' convention article, Eastman double Top is ranked number 7. Just a picture of the guitar and the comment 'Eastman's new Double Top acoustics promises extra clarity, balance and power'. But is 'greater clarity' desirable? it is possible to produce pure notes, without any 'extraneous' harmonics by electronic means. But harmonics are what makes a flute playing a certain note, sound different to a clarinet playing the same note. Why would we want to be rid of this 'organic' dimension? And on a different tack, I am prepared to believe the DT is loud - for goodness sake it is morphing into a banjo. There will always be a market for a loud guitar. For those weighing up a borderline benefit in fitting a pickup, buying a markedly loud guitar may make this unnecessary. Or for those 'competing' with banjos in acoustic sets for example.
       In one of the NAMM vids we saw, Pepijn t'Hart of Eastman Europe say that the Eastman DT he played at NAMM is the best sounding acoustic guitar he'd ever played?!?! I have a lot of time for that dude, he is a decent geezer with whom I have had a number of lengthy exchanges, but I think his bounding enthusiasm may on occasion preclude a more considered assessment of things. 'Best sounding' is a subjective measure anyway, but that man has played a few guitars in his time so it is nevertheless a big statement. Overall I am a tad sceptical as to DT's superiority, and am eager to hear other informed reviews. Wish I could lay me sticky fingers on one!
Bert likes this post
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Double Tops - how are they holding up? Meathead 6 2,029 04-12-2023, 04:45 PM
Last Post: Grandpa Bucky
  New DT30-GACE Double Top has arrived and lives up to all the hype. Grandpa Bucky 9 2,250 04-06-2023, 09:20 PM
Last Post: Grandpa Bucky
  DT30 OM Charlieb 3 979 07-27-2022, 06:27 PM
Last Post: Pura Vida