Eastman DT Series (DT30-D, DT30OM & DT30-GA) Double Top
Alan, agreed about Pepijn’s enthusiasm getting the better of him. If he had said it was the best sounding Eastman guitar he’s ever heard, I’d be a little skeptical, but impressed and more than a little excited. But when he said it was the best guitar he’s ever heard (period), I think the sales and marketing mind went into overdrive. I mean, c’mon, there are 100+ years of great guitars from countless manufacturers, big and small. I’m sure it’s easy to get carried away at a trade show like NAMM, but that statement was a little too much.
Bert likes this post
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
Guys we need to try this guitars first there's possibility that double top really gives more tone, just like torefied tops it is maybe little shocking experience at first.
I bought the guitar that I new it wasn't voiced the way I like just because that torefied top sounded and responded so good.
Or.... This could be false alarm.
Anyway can't wait for proper feedback.
Bert likes this post
First review I have found:

https://guitar.com/review/acoustic-guita...ies-dt30d/
AlanSam likes this post
Hey guys,

Spent some time with a DT30D, a double top dreadnught we just got in and I have to say that this guitar impressed me more than any other acoustic I've tried this year. The fit and finish are flawless, setup is excellent and the tone is huge. As expected the guitar has a ton of headroom but I was able to play it fingerstyle with a very light touch and still drive a lot of volume out of it. I decided to put it up against a new Martin HD-28 and found that while the two guitars are in a similar tonal family, the DT30D had more projection and better note separation. The fact that the Martin has a slightly more fundamental, or blended tone was expected but I was very impressed by how much louder the Eastman was when played with a medium to light touch.

In the coming days I'll put the DT30D up against some stiffer competition and see how it stack up, but given how it performed alongside Martins top selling dreadnought, I think the folks at Eastman definitely have a winner on their hands.
Pura Vida and AlanSam like this post
Ted
LA Guitar Sales - 310.246.1933
Wow, that's pretty impressive.  I'm glad to hear some first-hand impressions of this instrument, since it's so new.  And then you consider the price difference -- MAP for the HD28 is $3029 vs. MAP for the DT30D is $1999.  The Martin is iconic, but the Eastman is something really special.  Thanks for sharing, Ted!
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
I think Ted's busy getting his mics positioned for an awesome DT30D demo.   Cool
Haven't seen or played a DT (the om would be the only size model i would be interested in) series yet nor am i really lusting for one. I'm very happy with the four guitars i own and i'm content playing these for the rest of my life. 

I know the DT30OM will sound better as will the E40OM and E 10/20 OM TC models than my guitars, but i just want to hang onto these and get to know them better for as long as i can. (check back with me in a couple years maybe Eastman builds an DT30 00.)
AlanSam, Bert, Pura Vida like this post
2015 E20 OM SB Eastman
2021 000-15 SM Martin
2016 00-18 Martin
2015 E10 00 Eastman
Me, I'll have to wait until the used DT models start to show up for sale. The standard retail prices on those puppies are about 2x more than I'm willing to pay, I'm afraid.
Best, Steve

6 string acoustics: 2018 Eastman E10D (Red Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 Eastman E6D-TC (Alpine Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 AC522CE - GB (European Spruce/Mahogany)
Electric guitar: 1964 Guild Starfire V semi-hollow electric
Acoustic Bass: Epiphone El Capitan 5 String Acoustic/Electric Fretless (Year ?)
YouTube: sleighwriter
Interesting, so plywood sorta, cardboard design top is really good? Guitar purists won't sleep well after this.
This is both exciting and funny to me. Can't wait for more opinions on this subject.
"The fact that the Martin has a slightly more fundamental, or blended tone was expected but I was very impressed by how much louder the Eastman was when played with a medium to light touch."

The fundamental/blended tone of an acoustic is the essence to me, not volume.  They ended the volume fight in country music when Telecasters became main stream. To each his own.

Just an initial thought, not saying 'no way' on the DT but.... to be determined.  bert

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Double Tops - how are they holding up? Meathead 6 2,049 04-12-2023, 04:45 PM
Last Post: Grandpa Bucky
  New DT30-GACE Double Top has arrived and lives up to all the hype. Grandpa Bucky 9 2,279 04-06-2023, 09:20 PM
Last Post: Grandpa Bucky
  DT30 OM Charlieb 3 988 07-27-2022, 06:27 PM
Last Post: Pura Vida