Source for Antique Acoustic Bridge Pins with 3° Taper?
Anyone know a source for Antique Acoustic bridge pins with 3° taper to fit an Eastman?

I didn't see suitable pins on Elderly and Bernunzio's websites and emailed both but have yet to hear back.

Edit: Elderly is good. They emailed me about two minutes after this thread was submitted.  Martin style 21 are extremely close but unslotted. I have these bookmarked in case I slot the bridge.

Still open to suggestion on sources for 3° taper and .210" under the skirt.
SneakyDeaky likes this post
================================
Always do the easy and cheap thing first.
Hey TTiimm,

Check out Bob Colosi's site.

https://www.guitarsaddles.com/
Roger
(05-27-2022, 06:20 PM)R22 Wrote: Hey TTiimm,

Check out Bob Colosi's site.

https://www.guitarsaddles.com/

Thanks Roger.  I am aware of Mr. Colosi's site but I'm not looking for bone, horn or fossilized ivory.

I'm looking for Antique Acoustic brand pins. They are made from Galalith.

Actually, I would take any brand as long as they are the same material.

Stew Mac carries Galalith pins under the Waverly name but not with 3° taper.
SneakyDeaky likes this post
Curious as to why you want these. I've never heard of that material.

Sonic benefit? Cosmetics?
Roger
(05-27-2022, 08:59 AM)TTiimm Wrote: Anyone know a source for Antique Acoustic bridge pins with 3° taper to fit an Eastman?

I didn't see suitable pins on Elderly and Bernunzio's websites and emailed both but have yet to hear back.

Edit: Elderly is good. They emailed me about two minutes after this thread was submitted.  Martin style 21 are extremely close but unslotted. I have these bookmarked in case I slot the bridge.

Still open to suggestion on sources for 3° taper and .210" under the skirt.
That's a shame. I really was hoping to buy the vintage Gibson style for my E10SS after hearing so many good things about them. 

I am slightly disappointed with the bridge pin dilemma. None of my sets seem to fit properly, including some Bob Colosi bone pins. I've tried about 5 different sets this past two string changes. Even the stock ebony pins that came with the guitar seem too loose to me, but they fit the best and I can tune up without them popping out!

I have thought about getting the bridge slotted but with a brand new guitar I feel like I don't want to modify it just yet. It always feels better making modifications after the first ding or two doesn't it?

(05-28-2022, 07:20 AM)R22 Wrote: Curious as to why you want these. I've never heard of that material.

I can only speak for myself, but the Antique Acoustic style pins are an exact replica of the pins that were used on Martin's and Gibsons up into I think the late 40's or 50's. Galalith is a much harder plastic than the type used later and much more durable. 

I have seen a lot of praise for them over the past few years. 

Soundwise I think they are supposed to sound more "defined" and of course match a vintage or vintage "style" guitar aesthetically.

I would like a pair for that vintage appeal but also the durability.
I always ream my eastmans to 5 degrees and slot. Much easier to find 5d pins and less likely to have the bridge crack. 3 degree pins are more likely to act as a wedge causing bridge cracks.
GoingHome likes this post
Just took a look at the bridge on my OM10-TC. It is slotted. 

Mine didn't come with the COA, so although purchased very recently, not sure of year made. 

Or maybe, like a lot of things Eastman, it just varies.
Roger
(05-28-2022, 07:20 AM)R22 Wrote: Curious as to why you want these. I've never heard of that material.

Several threads on these at the more popular guitar forums.

I put them on two Martins and tone was improved significantly. I'd like to try them on an E10OM-TC.

The Stew Mac versions are all of $14 so it seemed like a cheap experiment. The Antique Acoustic pins are twice that so my hope was that someone would post a source for less expensive ivoroid/galalith pins.

(05-29-2022, 07:19 AM)R22 Wrote: Just took a look at the bridge on my OM10-TC. It is slotted. 

Mine didn't come with the COA, so although purchased very recently, not sure of year made. 

Or maybe, like a lot of things Eastman, it just varies.

Are you sure yours is slotted and not just ramped? Maybe the previous owner did the slotting.

I ask because my 2021 E10OM-TC is ramped but not slotted. I bought it used but unplayed/new condition from Dave's.

(05-29-2022, 06:40 AM)UncleJesse Wrote: I always ream my eastmans to 5 degrees and slot. Much easier to find 5d pins and less likely to have the bridge crack. 3 degree pins are more likely to act as a wedge causing bridge cracks.

I do own a 5° reamer and have thought about this.

I know the reamers are sharp and cut fast. My Martins only took 1 to 1.5 full turns. Very easy to overdo and part of the reason why I was looking for 3° pins, to not have to chance it. I could do it with no problems but am just being cautious (or lazy).

Can you describe how much reaming is needed?

Is there a particular diameter pin you use?

Any info would be appreciated.
"Are you sure yours is slotted and not just ramped? Maybe the previous owner did the slotting.

I ask because my 2021 E10OM-TC is ramped but not slotted. I bought it used but unplayed/new condition from Dave's."

I guess I don't know the difference. What is ramped?
Roger
(05-29-2022, 06:54 PM)R22 Wrote: "Are you sure yours is slotted and not just ramped? Maybe the previous owner did the slotting.

I ask because my 2021 E10OM-TC is ramped but not slotted. I bought it used but unplayed/new condition from Dave's."

I guess I don't know the difference. What is ramped?

https://www.bryankimsey.com/bridges/slotted.htm

Explains it better than I can.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Eastman AC422CE Tusq Bridge Pins vs. Ebony or Plain Wood - Any Preference? tinnitus 3 2,033 06-06-2023, 05:12 AM
Last Post: pL9577
  Slotted or unslotted bridge pins cfranchi 23 7,555 01-06-2023, 07:48 PM
Last Post: DonO
  Ebony or bone bridge pins? hardycreek1 9 3,199 07-19-2022, 11:21 AM
Last Post: sleigh