Eastman AC422CE Tusq Bridge Pins vs. Ebony or Plain Wood - Any Preference?
This might be a good forum to go fishing for observations about what kind of bridge pins you prefer - and why.

I'm intrigued that the label on the Tusq bridge pin package promises to "Increase rich harmonic content," but what does that mean? More bass? More treble? Mind-blowing, spine-tingling complexity?

Would appreciate, if possible, actual anecdotes (vs. conflicting scientific hypotheses about molecular structure of the materials like I often find on "that other forum"). Thanks in advance for weighing in.
tinnitus likes this post
I did experiment it in the saddles change, there were more bass and more trebles and the guitar turned more even and clearly louder. There were a lot of holes in the bone saddles, notes were the guitar resonate less. I am intrigued about the pins.
There is my post with audio comparison between Tusq vs bone.
Hope it helps
My personal opinion is I can't really quantify any difference. Bone being a natural substance will probably have a great deal of variance between types of bone and suppliers. I think this might be why you can find bone pins on Amazon at $10-$12/set while StewMac or Bob Colosi a set of bone pins will set you back $30+. Tusq being a man-made product is probably very uniform in composition and density. I have owned a couple of Gibson and Martin guitars with Tusq and/or plastic pins. I always replace them with bone. Do I hear a quantifiable difference? - Yes, but maybe not. I typically prefer the aesthetic look of bone though. If you want go down a very interesting rabbit hole, check out Fossilized Mammoth Ivory (FMI). I did splurge for one set (about $110) for my E40OM. They look nice. I felt they had a very positive impact on the tone and sustain, maybe the volume. I also changed out 4 month old strings, so attributing it to the pins might be a stretch on my part. Also I didn't run out and buy several more sets for my other guitars.
sleigh, AlanSam, DonO like this post
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. John Lennon

Current stable - prone to frequent changes
I replaced the stock ebony pins with bone on my AC422CE and I think they look better.  Beyond that, I couldn't tell much difference, but strings were changed at the same time, so it seems to me that would be the more significant variable.  I've definitely read threads on other forums where people swear by one thing or the other but for me it was cosmetic.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ebony strap button? kruto 8 1,933 06-15-2023, 12:17 PM
Last Post: REHII
  Ever Tried A Tusq Saddle? John-K 12 3,330 06-15-2023, 12:14 PM
Last Post: REHII
  Saddle shootout: Tusq vs Bone (original) Gustavo Eiriz 5 1,375 03-17-2023, 06:07 AM
Last Post: SasquatchLife