Slotted or unslotted bridge pins
Here's a bridge pin fitting guide from Maury's Music: https://www.maurysmusic.com/fossilized_w..._pin_sizes.  It would seem that "Size 1" matches the Eastman dimensions TTimm cites:  3º tapered shaft, 0.210" diameter at the top of the shaft (just below the skirt), string slot running the full length of the shaft, stopping below the skirt. According to the chart, that's what Gibson, Taylor, and Santa Cruz guitars currently use (as did Martin until 1994, when they switched to a 2A or 1.3).
Pura Vida likes this post
Best, Steve

6 string acoustics: 2018 Eastman E10D (Red Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 Eastman E6D-TC (Alpine Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 AC522CE - GB (European Spruce/Mahogany)
Electric guitar: 1964 Guild Starfire V semi-hollow electric
Acoustic Bass: Epiphone El Capitan 5 String Acoustic/Electric Fretless (Year ?)
YouTube: sleighwriter
Upon advice from Tom C and others, I purchased these bridge pins via Amazon, and they've worked fine.  As many of you know, I don't think pins make a sonic difference unless they change the overall mass of the bridge, so they're functional and look nice to me.  Smile

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UTD...UTF8&psc=1
TomC likes this post
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
(05-31-2022, 07:25 AM)TomC Wrote: There are slotted and unslotted bridges as well as ramped bridges. The ramp is a short slot right at the bridge pin hole that helps with break angle over the saddle. From every Eastman that I have owned - they are ramped and not slotted. The pictures above show ramps which may be connected to slots or may not. To confirm - place a mirror inside and look at the bridge plate. Do the slots extend all the may through? My understanding of the advantage of a slotted bridge is less potential wear and tear on the bridge plate. (See below) I believe Uncle Jesse is a big proponent of slotting the bridge.

Slotted bridge = unslotted pins. Unslotted bridge = slotted pins with the slot facing the saddle. 

[Image: qJaoGoG.jpg]

That bridge plate looks damaged with a trough forming through all the bridge pin holes . Quick fix would be to install a Plate Mate. I installed a Plate Mate in my E40OM. Plate Mates are stamped and mine curled up and would not lay flat so would not stick for that reason. I used a hammer to flatten it and now make sure to leave at least one string attached to hold it in place while changing strings.

The previous owner of my E20D-TC converted the guitar from slotted to unslotted pins. I wish he hadn't. The only advantage I can see is there is no need to align an unslotted pin with the string. My concern is the new slots cut into the bridge have the pressure of the ball end pulling up and pressing into them whereas originally the ball pulled up against solid wood. There is the potential for that to weaken the bridge plate over time. I can't really go back to original slotted pins because the new unslotted pins have a different taper plus I'd have to replace the newly slotted bridge plate and probably the bridge too. A Plate Mate is probably the solution to this problem as well.
"The perfect guitar for every player is the next one."
"Many can make guitars scream but few can coax one to sing."
"Music is emotion."

In order of how much I like 'em;
1. Martin J40 (1995 standard braced)
2. Gibson J-45 Standard slope shoulder
3. Eastman DT30GACE
4. Eastman E10D-TC
5. Eastman E40OM-SB
6. Breedlove Performance Custom Focus Maple Concert
7. Eastman PCH3-GACE-CLA
8. Plus nine more guitars, a uke and a box of harmonicas.
*Truth is that, with the exception of the J40, which can't be beat, my favorite is typically the one I am playing.

I ordered these Crosby 1T 3deg pins from Amazon and they are very nice. I’m waiting to do a string change on my AC622CE to add them. I have used 1T 3deg pins on my E10ss and they work fine.
https://a.co/d/gA2FbSk

Don
2023 Martin D-41 
2023 Martin Custom Shop HD-28 GE
2023 Martin D-18 Authentic 1937 VTS
2021 Martin D-35
2023 Gibson J45

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Eastman AC422CE Tusq Bridge Pins vs. Ebony or Plain Wood - Any Preference? tinnitus 3 2,066 06-06-2023, 05:12 AM
Last Post: pL9577
  Ebony or bone bridge pins? hardycreek1 9 3,235 07-19-2022, 11:21 AM
Last Post: sleigh
  Source for Antique Acoustic Bridge Pins with 3° Taper? TTiimm 19 5,703 06-07-2022, 08:22 AM
Last Post: TTiimm