E6D on the way, E10D in the house. Something's got to give.
I just ordered an E6D from The Mandolin Store. Apparently it's been in the shop for a while. 

And I already have an E10D. So, if all goes according to plan, I'll be able to A/B the Sitka and Adirondack tops next week.
es, second time around is always the charm they say, congratulations on a fine guitar, let the best wood win.

I traded my 2013 Martin 000-17SM to a friend a couple years ago. Called him 8-9mos ago and asked did he still have it... no, I sold it. Couple months ago he called and wanted to buy my Yairi classical for his daughter, told him we could work something out. Couple weeks later he called to say he had another 17SM, could we do a trade. This 12fret, unique A-frame braced baby is home for good this time.

That's my story for today. best always, bert
That's right Bert. One of these top woods is going to have to knock the other's block off to win the title. 

Like Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots!
ES - looking forward to the results of your Adi / Sitka shootout. Keep us posted.
Looking forward to this, as well. I'm sure the differences will be significant.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
E6D arrived yesterday. 

This decision is going to be WAY harder than I anticipated! 

Stay tuned for details...
really will depend on which has been played more 'n opened up.
+1 Northman, welcome to the 'man-from-the-east' forum.
(02-11-2018, 03:04 PM)Northman Wrote: really will depend on which has been played more 'n opened up.

Exactly! One of several factors adding to the difficulty.
SPECS CONTENT...

Checking in with first comparisons between the E6D and the E10D. Right off the bat I could see/feel that the 6 was a lot bigger. The neck width, depth and overall weight! 

However, when I measured and weighed, this is what I came up with:

E6D           E10D

String spacing
@ nut:                    1 31/64"      1  31/64"
@saddle:                 2  6/32"       2  5/32"   

Neck depth
@ 1st fret:                 .870"       .843"
@ 9th fret:                 .904"       .855"

Neck width
@ 1st fret:               1 13/16"   -     1.78"
@ 9th fret:               2.08"     -     2.01"

Weight                     5 lb             4.5 lb

If you can imagine the feel of these 2 guitars just from reading the numbers, well you're better than I am. Therein lies the problem of trying to picture a guitar, based on its specs. For me anyway. I don't know if you see the spec-differences as significant or minor, but holding one and then the other, I feel them as significant! 

At this point of the process, I'm just A/B-ing them for comfort...how one feels in my hand as compared to the other. It won't be a fair fight - tonewise - until I get a proper setup on the 6. 

Play along: can you tell which is which? 

[Image: RdWSzp1.jpg]

More to come...