E6D on the way, E10D in the house. Something's got to give.
Ah... I wonder who will the mystery buyer be?   Cool  Glad that EGF is becoming a great resource for the forum members!
Too funny!
After es has had the new E10OM-TC for a couple weeks... his E10D will also belong to another member  Arrow Arrow Arrow Big Grin
(03-01-2018, 04:55 PM)Meathead Wrote: Ah... I wonder who will the mystery buyer be?   Cool  Glad that EGF is becoming a great resource for the forum members!
I'll never tell.  Big Grin
(03-01-2018, 06:26 PM)Bert Wrote: After es has had the new E10OM-TC for a couple weeks... his E10D will also belong to another member  Arrow Arrow Arrow Big Grin

Went with the E6OM.  Sad
Quote:Went with the E6OM.  :(

A fantastic selection!!! I just got done playing my E6OM for awhile tonight... love it.
(03-01-2018, 05:49 PM)Zissou Intern Wrote: Too funny!

That's not a denial.   Tongue Big Grin Cool
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
(03-01-2018, 07:12 PM)Meathead Wrote:
Quote:Went with the E6OM.  Sad

A fantastic selection!!!  I just got done playing my E6OM for awhile tonight... love it.

ah - 6OMers I'm in good company here - love taking it to a session and discreetly covering the h/stock logo - causes the guitar snobs no end of annoyance trying to figure out what I'm playing on - but cant bring themselves to ask - seems they think I or one of my guitar building buddy's from college made it, it just wouldn't occur to them that one of their 'gang' would play - let alone own a 'Chinese' guitar - oh how wrong.
I know - I'm bad !.
(03-01-2018, 08:06 PM)Pura Vida Wrote:
(03-01-2018, 05:49 PM)Zissou Intern Wrote: Too funny!

That's not a denial.   Tongue Big Grin Cool

Apparently you haven't been talking to my wife. She says I am in a permanent state of denial... especially when it come to guitars.
(03-02-2018, 05:42 AM)Northman Wrote:
(03-01-2018, 07:12 PM)Meathead Wrote:
Quote:Went with the E6OM.  Sad

A fantastic selection!!!  I just got done playing my E6OM for awhile tonight... love it.

ah - 6OMers I'm in good company here - love taking it to a session and discreetly covering the h/stock logo - causes the guitar snobs no end of annoyance trying to figure out what I'm playing on - but cant bring themselves to ask - seems they think I or one of my guitar building buddy's from college made it, it just wouldn't occur to them that one of their 'gang' would play - let alone own a 'Chinese' guitar - oh how wrong.
I know - I'm bad !.

<insert evil laugh here>
Cool
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
(02-18-2018, 07:59 PM)campacj Wrote: I'd like to add that I own the OM versions of each guitar, the E10OM and the E8OM. Both are excellent instruments, beautiful, well-crafted, and have very high quality sound. I find that the choice of strings is VERY important to any guitar's sound. For dreadnaught-sized models I like Elixir Nanoweb Phosphor/Bronze 12-53 strings and for Orchestra Model guitars I really like Ernie Ball Aluminum/Bronze 11-52 strings. I believe the Aluminum/Bronze strings help smaller-bodied guitars balance their sound, which can be a little "tinny" with PB strings.

I have read that many people feel that our beloved Eastman guitars sound more like Collings guitars than like Martin guitars. I feel fine about that as I consider Collings guitars to be a step UP from Martin guitars. Currently, I own the following guitars:

1) Eastman E8D
2) Eastman E8OM
3) Eastman E10D
4) Eastman E10OM
5) Washburn HB-35 in wine red w/Seymour Duncan's Hot-rodded humbucker pickup set
6) Fender/Sigler Custom Stratocaster
7) G&L Tribute L2000 Bass
8) Yamaha FGX800C
9) Cordoba C5 classical

I have loved guitars and guitar music since I was a preschool child who saw the Beatles on the Ed Sullivan Show in February, 1964. I have played guitar for over 40 years and plan to do so until the day I leave this world!
Thanks for the welcome,
campacj
Seattle, WA

Try some Martin Retros on that OM
Jamie