Eastman AC922CE
I saw this on the facebook page... Wow.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/EASTMAN-AC922CE-ACOUSTIC-ELECTRIC-BEVELED-GRAND-AUDITORIUM-GUITAR-WITH-CASE/173925560163

Amazing, and I had no idea Eastman produced this model!
Pura Vida likes this post
I saw that this morning.  Here's a comment from the dealer:  "We have it here at Penny Lane Emporium. It’s a rarely seen guitar but not a new model. Just a discontinued one. Great sounding guitar and unbelievably beautifully ornate."

I knew that the AC922 was a discontinued model, but wasn't sure on the specifics (and thought maybe they just re-used the model number, based on wood configurations).  The beveled thing has gotten some attention lately, so this seems perfect for a fingerstyle player.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
I love the beveled arm.  I also like the concept of a top sound hole, although have never played one with that feature.

It would be a tough choice between this and the double top model, if I were in the market for a high end Eastman.
Scroll down the link, they say it's a 2019 model.  Don't know if it's a one-off or not but the very high priced archtop at MapleSt was sold in nothing flat.  Tim, the two sound holes on my El Rey 4 are just plain cool... gives the player much more volume, makes me want to dance.   Shy bert
(06-20-2019, 11:54 AM)Meathead Wrote: I saw this on the facebook page... Wow.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/EASTMAN-AC922CE-ACOUSTIC-ELECTRIC-BEVELED-GRAND-AUDITORIUM-GUITAR-WITH-CASE/173925560163Amazing, and I had no idea Eastman produced this model!

Just flexing their muscles - they cater for us lot, thank goodness they don't kick sand in our face!
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
Someone just bumped an AGF thread on this model to say that they just placed one on hold.  Not sure where he got his info, but he confirmed that these are the discontinued model and that 9-10 are being shipped into the U.S. (probably to clear out the inventory).  The forum member said he got his from New Orleans and that he found two more online (both in FL), including the one above.  Also, he said that the vine inlay is unique on each instrument, as is the rosette design, so it's really very custom and one-of-a-kind.

Tim, if I were a fingerstyle player, I'd pick this guitar over the DT.

Bert: I think the 2019 may be because the COA date is assigned whenever it passes through the Pomona shop, regardless of when the guitar was actually made.  Or maybe the dealer just mistakenly assigned 2019 b/c it's a new instrument (albeit NOS).
Bert likes this post
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
Brian - totally agree, I'd lean towards this model.  Looks perfect for a fingerstyler, although I admit I still might prefer a hog back instead of EIR (but that's just personal preference).
So I just spent some time with the AC922CE we were allocated, my first time up close to one of these rare birds and it is an impressive instrument. Tonally it's like adding a bit more growl to a Taylor 914ce, playabilty is fantastic and fit and finish are second to none. The premium tonewoods are gorgeous and the Abalone inlays are stunning. I'm told five made it in the US.
EasyCamper and Pura Vida like this post
Ted
LA Guitar Sales - 310.246.1933
That is one stunningly beautiful guitar. Ebony armrest, sound hole, amazing straight grain rosewood and striking inlays. 
TomC
I really like the soundhole inlay... it's unique.