Eastman AC922CE
I’d love to add an Engelmann top to my collection. This guitar is gorgeous!
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
The AC922 GA - EIR/engelmann combo should make a fab guitar.  My AC708 was just great for several years but I moved away from EIR for a while.  The mahogany AC508 & AC530 engelmanns were super.  The only engelmann I didn't get along with was the AC720 dread, the EIR overtone just seemed to fight with the engelmann.. I think others had similar experience, Eastman quietly discontinued the AC720 some time ago.

Some say that engelmann doesn't work well in bigger guitars, my experience is that is only true with EIR dreads etc.  The AC630 maple/engelmann is lights out.

[Image: QXLVIjv.jpg]
Pura Vida likes this post
I agree, Bert. My wife's AJ816 has an Engelmann top over maple, and it sounds wonderful.

This AC922CE is a beautiful guitar. Eastman continues to surprise me... the E1 Series, the vintage SS models, the DT models, the TC models, the 315MDA mandola, and now this AC922CE. What's next? A Smeck, perhaps? hahahaha
AlanSam, Pura Vida, Bert, Jure like this post
Just purchased my Eastman AC922CE. When I played this guitar a week ago at Blues Angel Music in Pensacola Florida I knew right away this was the one I had been searching for. Blues Angel Music was scheduled to have an Eastman Guitar show later in the week which now would be tomorrow night. I couldn't get this guitar out of my head and I knew someone would get it at the road show so I went and brought it home. It is really the absolute best guitar that I have ever played.

Is there any way to acquire any specifics on this particular guitar such as creation info via serial number?.
AlanSam and Pura Vida like this post
PMG - That is awesome! It is a pretty amazing guitar! Nothing feels better than that feeling.. Maybe except for a wedding day and children being born Smile
'19 Eastman E6D SB
'19 Eastman PCH1 OM CLA
'18 Guild F-55R
'78 Guild D-35 SB
'77 Guild S-300
'89 MIJ Strat Partscaster / Mighty Mite Neck and '91 American pickups

pmgerow, welcome to EGF! Congrats on the new AC922CE.  Def post photos and your impressions, when you have a minute.  That's a rare guitar, and it sounds like you got a special one, for sure.  

There's no easy way to get production dates (and serial numbers don't tie to production dates), but the Certificate of Authenticity (COA) will contain the date that it passed through their Pomona HQ.  If you don't get a COA for some reason, reach out to Eastman via email, and perhaps they can provide you with more details.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
PMG - congratulations! As PV said, pics would be good, and of course a quick review of its playing characteristics would be interesting. Is this your first Eastman? 
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
Yes, pics -- that's such a gorgeous-looking guitar!
Best, Steve

6 string acoustics: 2018 Eastman E10D (Red Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 Eastman E6D-TC (Alpine Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 AC522CE - GB (European Spruce/Mahogany)
Electric guitar: 1964 Guild Starfire V semi-hollow electric
Acoustic Bass: Epiphone El Capitan 5 String Acoustic/Electric Fretless (Year ?)
YouTube: sleighwriter
A Couple of photos

Photo 1
Pura Vida and Northerman like this post

Attached Files
.jpg
File size: 186.31 KB
Downloads: 141

Beautiful. Let us know if it plays as good as it looks!
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis