Eastman AC922CE
What a beauty....stunning. I picked up an 822ff a couple of years ago.....Eastman really builds beautiful guitars. The 822ga has the Shelter-Lydia pickup.....for finger picking and straight up jazz comping, it’s fantastic. Would love the 922 ornamentation....but I might spend more time admiring than playing.
I have a 2020 822ce available locally that has the bevel and sound port (not shown on their site, not sure why, maybe limited edition?) I have a 622ce maple with inlays on order, but not sure if/when I’ll get it. Maybe I should consider the 822ce to replace my 322ce.

I’m not a huge fan of Engleman spruce, I prefer the punch and dynamics of Sitka. I haven’t put the 822 directly up against the 322, I may do that sometime this week. That’s the reason I haven’t seriously considered the 822, the dark bland sound of Engleman spruce is not my up of tea ... even though it is a wonderful sounding instrument.
Pura Vida likes this post
2021 Eastman AC622CE
2020 Eastman E40OM
2020 Eastman AC308CE (Limited Edition)
2020 Martin HD-28
2021 Eastman PCH3-GACE
2004 Gibson Les Paul Studio, wine red
1999 Taylor 714 custom, Cedar/Brazilian Rosewood
Finding a new AC in a local store seems like a rare thing, these days.  It would be interesting to see how it stacks up to your AC322, even if the wood is different.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
I actually have played them all together ... AC222 (x2 samples), 322, 422 (x2), 822 (x2). The 322 is the sweet spot IMO, the 422 is a bit tighter and more bell like, the 822 definitely the best of the three. But the 322 is warm and resonant, even if not as focused as the 422 or as powerful as the 822. And there is still something lacking from Engleman (822) as far as my taste ... I generally prefer Sitka to both Engleman and Adirondack spruce.

I much prefer my Martin HD-28 over the 822. The 322 was chosen to be played at church, campfire, etc. The 822 is really nice but too much guitar (and risk) just for occasional use out, and at home, if I want to really play a rewarding instrument, the Martin is the first choice. But I would highly recommend the 822 to anyone looking for a "Taylor" style acoustic guitar.
Pura Vida likes this post
2021 Eastman AC622CE
2020 Eastman E40OM
2020 Eastman AC308CE (Limited Edition)
2020 Martin HD-28
2021 Eastman PCH3-GACE
2004 Gibson Les Paul Studio, wine red
1999 Taylor 714 custom, Cedar/Brazilian Rosewood
(02-19-2021, 07:35 AM)Cedar Wrote: Looks like this China dealer is able to customize the AC922CE with Madagascan Rosewood, I'm guessing due to less wood restrictions there, as when I e-mailed Eastman's California team in the past, such customization of woods was not possible:

Can you give me the email address to the california team? 
Thanks,
Denis
your post was deleted ,,   [email protected]
Yes, there have been a few MR models with videos out of Asia/Pac.  I've seen a few models from the Traditional series (E40D-MR, E40OM-MR, etc.).  I'm pretty sure that I posted them here, somewhere.

Also, the back on my E20OM-SB looks so much more like Madi than EIR, but Eastman in Pomona was insistent that they only supply EIR.  Then, I saw these videos and emailed them back, but they were still insistent that it couldn't possibly be Madi on my guitar.  But as we've seen, Eastman makes substitutions and one-offs, and they don't necessarily tell anyone, so I'm still unsure of what I've got.
Denis
Try [email protected]
Tom
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. John Lennon

Current stable - prone to frequent changes
(02-20-2021, 03:52 AM)Cedar Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 03:51 PM)Pura Vida Wrote: Also, the back on my E20OM-SB looks so much more like Madi than EIR, but Eastman in Pomona was insistent that they only supply EIR.  Then, I saw these videos and emailed them back, but they were still insistent that it couldn't possibly be Madi on my guitar.  But as we've seen, Eastman makes substitutions and one-offs, and they don't necessarily tell anyone, so I'm still unsure of what I've got.

Would you mind posting a photo, in order for myself (and possibly others) to offer unsolicited opinions on whether or not it may be EIR or MRW?   

Here you go.  These are a couple of older photos, but the Rosewood hasn't changed.  Smile

The first is from the website listing on LA Guitar Sales.
[Image: 4UVItsE.png]

The second compares my E20OM-SB with my E40OM (apologies for the glare):
[Image: WFbTI8t.jpg]
It's definitely unique, and the body wood was actually what originally interested me about this guitar.  But when I got it, it was super tight and had a dark, brooding tone (very different than any other Eastman I've owned).  I nearly placed it up for sale a dozen times in it's first 18 months, but then, quite dramatically (and several Tonerite sessions), it began to open up.  Today, it's about 4yo and has a lovely, warm tone.  The low end stayed, and the high end emerged (kinda backwards than most guitars evolve), and it still has a different voice than the E40OM, which is more balanced and lush with overtones.  So glad I didn't get impatient and sell it.

Sorry, we hijacked the AC922CE thread!