Eastman stops using Nitro switches to Truetone
Donovan - your 'I'd like to hear about a way for me to do that nail polish remover test safely , without damaging my guitar', to finally put this mystery to rest.' You are clearly not not going to let this rest until you get an answer. What about unscrewing one of your strap buttons and removing it? Use masking tape around the area by the button hole, and a large plastic bag with a hole in it taped to the masking tape by the button hole. Then keeping the surface by the button hole horizontal, dip a very fine artists brush or a pin into the clear acetone nail varnish remover (which should be kept well away from the guitar) just breaking the surface and then on the guitar by the button hole. Move a cloth to the pin or brush and wrap it round the pin/brush and move out of reach of your guitar. Do not start scrubbing the surface - it should be evident pretty quickly (a few seconds - say 30 seconds max) if the surface dissolves. Then wipe it clean without leaving the footprint of the button. Screw the strap button back in before doing anything else to cover up any residual acetone 
Apart from this I am at a loss to offer any suggestion. I have never done this personally - this is just what I've gleaned from a number of sites, and what I would do faced with this situation and a burning desire to sort it out. BUT if you are going to do this plan it out, and do a dry run - do not 'wing' it.
Or just go with Mark Herring's 95% probability estimate - he seems like an honest dude doing his best in a difficult situation.
donovantyler and Pura Vida like this post
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis

Messages In This Thread
RE: Eastman stops using Nitro switches to Truetone - by AlanSam - 07-20-2021, 07:18 AM
Finish change - by Al30906 - 08-15-2021, 04:33 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Truetone vs. Nitro Finish Pura Vida 14 11,178 12-07-2022, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Pura Vida
  Physical Test for Nitro vs Truetone TTiimm 13 5,080 05-26-2022, 11:49 AM
Last Post: TTiimm