Eastman stops using Nitro switches to Truetone
Roy Boy - re your 'I just traded in my year old E20D-TC with a beautiful cooked adi top. For trade I got 1/2 what I paid for it so that they could hopefully get $1100 for it. Recent year Martins are currently going for near the same price as current new ones.' Question - given that Martins are quite a bit more expensive than Eastmans, do you think you would lose less money trading a recently purchased Martin in than you did with your E20D-TC? I am genuinely interested.

And I do accept your point about Dana Bourgeois not being one to 'sell out' in terms of quality. As for cost not being a factor in Eastman's shift from Nitro to Truetone - I would observe that not every majority share holder is a luthier of repute.

I wonder about the impact of Truetone on resale prices, but we will have to wait and see. I suspect Nitro Eastmans will become more sought after (justifiably or not) than those finished in Truetone. But I do accept the problematic nature of differentiating between recently made Eastmans. Not everyone will want to dab a little acetone on the heel of their guitar - pinprick sized or otherwise. Is there any other way to identify which is which? Eastman's pronouncements are clearly not worth a carat.

p.s. great to have an actual Luthier onboard.
sleigh and RoyBoy like this post
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis

Messages In This Thread
RE: Eastman stops using Nitro switches to Truetone - by AlanSam - 07-16-2021, 06:45 AM
Finish change - by Al30906 - 08-15-2021, 04:33 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Truetone vs. Nitro Finish Pura Vida 14 11,185 12-07-2022, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Pura Vida
  Physical Test for Nitro vs Truetone TTiimm 13 5,081 05-26-2022, 11:49 AM
Last Post: TTiimm