Eastman stops using Nitro switches to Truetone
donovantyler - it is your guitar and if you're satisfied with it that's great! I am pleased for you. End of.

However, from my perspective Mark Herring's (ie Eastman's) explanation/excuse is unacceptable. I couldn't care less if the finish is synthesised from the milk of human kindness - if I am offered Nitro and I opt to buy Nitro, I expect Nitro. If the finish is changed from Nitro, then the product description should be changed, enabling me to make an informed decision on whether to purchase the product or not. If Truetone is so good, why not publicize the merits of the stuff and get their customer base on side? Or did Eastman employ a fait accompli because they feared a customer/retailer backlash on orders/sales? They didn't handle this badly - they handled it exactly as they wanted to.

The other points to be made are not strictly germane to the central point above. Firstly, Mark Herring indicated that it is a complex process shifting from Nitro to Trutone - well, isn't that why firms employ managers?
Is working with Nitro injurious to health, even with an investment in the appropriate equipment and waste disposal? I doubt it. Or if so why did it take 10+ years to do something about it? I assume any savings in costs accruing from the adoption of Truetone will be paid to the workers by way of an apology? And finally, dare I say it - I actually like a moderate degree of aeging (cracking/checking etc.) on a mature guitar.
Can I finally add that I have no problem personally with Mark Herring - he is doing his job so let's not shoot the messenger.
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis

Messages In This Thread
RE: Eastman stops using Nitro switches to Truetone - by AlanSam - 07-14-2021, 11:13 AM
Finish change - by Al30906 - 08-15-2021, 04:33 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Truetone vs. Nitro Finish Pura Vida 14 11,178 12-07-2022, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Pura Vida
  Physical Test for Nitro vs Truetone TTiimm 13 5,081 05-26-2022, 11:49 AM
Last Post: TTiimm