Eastman stops using Nitro switches to Truetone
(07-14-2021, 07:50 AM)pszy22 Wrote:
(07-14-2021, 05:23 AM)donovantyler Wrote: The date on the card that came with my guitar is April 06 2021.  I had just read on FB about the Truetone switch and there it said that the switch went into effect June 1 2021.  My guitar has a date of April 06 2021 so I thought that mine was definitely nitro.

Remember the date on the card does not necessarily equate to when the guitar was built.  When you communicate with Eastman, you need to tell them the serial number.

I bought an E20P in late March of this year.  The card had a Mar11, 2021 date.  I was fairly sure that the guitar wasn't built and delivered in a eleven day time span, so I sent them both the date on the card and the serial number.

They replied that my guitar was built in 2020, so it was definitely nitro.  I guess that doesn't contradict what they told you.

Just out of curiosity, what are the first 4 characters of your serial number?  Mine is M200...... 

wow thanks!
i did include the serial number:
M20272119
please let me know your thoughts. thanks! Smile

Okay.. i just talked with Ellie at Artisian Guitars (owner) and she said that their rep said that they made the switch in December of last year.
THey will NOT give me a refund. The best she would do would be to take the guitar back on consignment and then subtract 10% fee.
I told her that didn't sound fair to me.. that they should make this right.  That they should refund my money and then they can sell the guitar used on their website. I said that they are making this my problem and that it is really their problem..she said no it isn't!
I told her that I wanted to escalate and she said that she would forward me the Eastman reps contact information, she then quickly apologized that I was upset but it isn't they're problem..then she bid me a good day and hung up (kind of hung up on me).
Wow.. on so many levels.
Apparently Artisan Guitars is not willing to make this right.
Does anyone have the contact info for someone at Eastman who can deal with this for me?
What can I do now?
AlanSam likes this post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Eastman stops using Nitro switches to Truetone - by donovantyler - 07-14-2021, 08:03 AM
Finish change - by Al30906 - 08-15-2021, 04:33 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Truetone vs. Nitro Finish Pura Vida 14 11,178 12-07-2022, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Pura Vida
  Physical Test for Nitro vs Truetone TTiimm 13 5,081 05-26-2022, 11:49 AM
Last Post: TTiimm