Eastman stops using Nitro switches to Truetone
(07-11-2021, 04:56 PM)eastmanschool Wrote: I've seen Eastmans with finish either improperly mixed or too thinly applied, causing brittle easily damaged guitars. And, overly finished guitars that made me wonder just how good the things would sound if they weren’t "painted over." Eastman seems to be getting better at every aspect of building. At least that's been my (anecdotal) experience over the 10-ish years I've been playing them. My guess is that the switch to poly will be accompanied by a certain standardization of application, which can't be bad. And, whether they're doing it to reduce carbon footprint or really because it's quicker and cheaper to do so, if it DOES reduce their carbon footprint, that's a net positive.

Also, I have a Furch Vintage dread that is - if I'm interpreting their marketing properly - finished in poly. The tone jumps off it. So, don't worry about poly negatively impacting your future Eastman.

I'm sure they will sound ok. It's the way the feel and age that concerns me.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Eastman stops using Nitro switches to Truetone - by Jklotz - 07-11-2021, 05:21 PM
Finish change - by Al30906 - 08-15-2021, 04:33 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Truetone vs. Nitro Finish Pura Vida 14 11,180 12-07-2022, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Pura Vida
  Physical Test for Nitro vs Truetone TTiimm 13 5,081 05-26-2022, 11:49 AM
Last Post: TTiimm