Eastman stops using Nitro switches to Truetone
Although Eastman's official reply is saying June 1, Mark H. was telling Donovan and others that they began rolling out inventory with Trutone back as far as last December, so anything made since then (not the COA date) could go either way.  I haven't had a chance to email them about my Alpine TC, but I'll try to send them an email soon.

As for Khaya, I'm happy to see them finally confirming it, since we've known / suspected it was Khaya for a long time.  Previously, they'd only say that it was sourced from various places in Asia, which doesn't really tell us anything.  Martin's Honduran Mahogany is reportedly sourced in Fiji.  Most people agree that Honduran Mahogany and African Khaya sound nearly identical (as opposed to Sapele), and Khaya is slightly harder than big leaf Mahogany.  And personally, I think that Khaya looks better, which is one reason Eastman's Mahogany guitars are so strikingly beautiful.
AlanSam, Jklotz, TomC, Jure like this post
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young

Messages In This Thread
RE: Eastman stops using Nitro switches to Truetone - by Pura Vida - 07-20-2021, 09:53 PM
Finish change - by Al30906 - 08-15-2021, 04:33 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Truetone vs. Nitro Finish Pura Vida 14 11,178 12-07-2022, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Pura Vida
  Physical Test for Nitro vs Truetone TTiimm 13 5,081 05-26-2022, 11:49 AM
Last Post: TTiimm