Serial Numbers
I just found the Eastman warranty cards and receipts for my wife's Eastmen. Her AJ17 12 string is Serial Number 007. The card was signed and dated on 2/2/2005. Her AJ816 card was signed and dated 4/6/2012, and it is SN 120412028.

As for the prices, it makes me sad to see how the prices have risen in the intervening years. Yet, Eastman still provides a great product at a modest price compared to many guitar builders.
Pura Vida likes this post
(07-16-2022, 04:08 PM)Zissou Intern Wrote: I just found the Eastman warranty cards and receipts for my wife's Eastmen. Her AJ17 12 string is Serial Number 007. 

You've found the elusive guitar of Bond. James Bond.
Zissou Intern likes this post
Best, Steve

6 string acoustics: 2018 Eastman E10D (Red Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 Eastman E6D-TC (Alpine Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 AC522CE - GB (European Spruce/Mahogany)
Electric guitar: 1964 Guild Starfire V semi-hollow electric
Acoustic Bass: Epiphone El Capitan 5 String Acoustic/Electric Fretless (Year ?)
YouTube: sleighwriter
Steve, he showed me the actual S/N label.  It was definitely James Bond's guitar.  Thankfully, the guitar was neither shaken, nor stirred.
Zissou Intern and sleigh like this post
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
Funny you mention  Bond, James Bond. Someone at Eastman had sense of humor...

Here's a glance at the backs. Great guitars!
sleigh and Pura Vida like this post

Attached Files

« My Eastman AC712 has both model and SN handwritten. SN is 1108666. Not 8 numbers for some reason.

Is anyone able to give me a build date on this?
You may want to contact Eastman directly.
sure this is posted somewhere but wth, can't have enough
 Serial Numbers>Can you provide a manufactured date based on my serial number? Eastman has had multiple serial number variations over the years. Here is a brief overview of our serial number systems. If your serial number does not fall under the criteria listed, please Contact Us.
  • 2020 – Current
    • Letter designates product category, and first 2 digits are the year
  • 2016 – 2019
    • 1st and 3rd number are the year. 2nd number is the month(s)
      • 1 = January/February
      • 2 = March/April
      • 3 = May/June
      • 4 = July/August
      • 5 = September/October
      • 6 = November/December
    • Example: 15712345
      • September/October of 2017
  • 2014 – 2016
    • 1st and 4th digit are the year. 2nd and 3rd number designate the month.
Guzzi Fan, Pura Vida, AlanSam like this post
That's actually new info and confirmed from the Eastman website.  I think we finally cracked the code... even Eastman couldn't tell us what the numbers meant, previously.  I just looked at my spreadsheet, and nearly all the numbers match the logic.  They must have made the switch at the end of 2015 b/c my 2016 E10D s/n begins with 1655xxxx, so it was likely made in late 2015 for sale in early 2016, which still makes sense (COA date is 4/6/2016).

I'll add this info to the first post of this thread.
Good job finding this, Charlie!
Another thing I found interesting regarding guitar related documentation.  THere is a recent posting in which the author posted a picture of the instrument label and COA of the guitar.  The label had the serial number written by hand, and the COA was filled out using the same handwriting.  I assume both were filled out at the same time as well.

If this was not just a one-time occurrence, the serial number on the instrument and the date on the COA should be in synch.  OF course, this could be a flier since the sample size is one.
It never moves any faster than it's supposed to go - Taj Mahal

2017 Waterloo WL-14X
2019 Martin 000-18
2021 Eastman E20P
2022 Martin 000-16
The Loar LO-215-SN
Yamaha FG-331

I have two Eastman acoustics. Couldn't remember until I looked at serial number chart, 2018 E10 OM I got from La Guitars and a 2020 E10 P that I liked to have never found.

My OM is such a nice sounding acoustic and all this old home player needs. I'm slowly getting use to the Parlor and getting my fingers on my right hand to line up with the strings and stop missing notes. I play a lot of 2 and 3 note chords on both guitars. I may have my setup friend take a look at it and see if improvements can be made for me, no hurry tho