NGD is here: E8OM-TC
Welcome, LLew. As AlanSam said -- give us a review and pics!
Best, Steve

6 string acoustics: 2018 Eastman E10D (Red Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 Eastman E6D-TC (Alpine Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 AC522CE - GB (European Spruce/Mahogany)
Electric guitar: 1964 Guild Starfire V semi-hollow electric
Acoustic Bass: Epiphone El Capitan 5 String Acoustic/Electric Fretless (Year ?)
YouTube: sleighwriter
(12-04-2020, 07:02 PM)Llew Wrote: Hello...first post. I recognize some names here from the AGF. Just wanted to add that I just ordered an E8OM-TC yesterday and hope to have it midweek next week. Already have an E2D-CD, E10OM-TC, and E20D-TC. Really looking forward to my first baked Sitka top/EIR Eastman OM. Seems there (obviously) is a lot of love for this model here along with all the other Eastman models. 
Thanks for having me here!

Welcome to EGF Llew. I think you and I have exchanged a few posts on AGF. Welcome to the E8OM-TC club! I think you're going to love it. I am truly in love with this guitar. IMO, it's really a perfect guitar.
2020 Eastman E8OM-TC
2023 Eastman E2D
Yes we have. It'll be interesting to see how the E8OM-TC stacks up against the E10OM-TC. Not apples to apples but it never seems to be? I'll make sure to post up when I receive it. And again...thanks for having me here!
SasquatchLife likes this post
You can never do the wrong thing by doing the right thing...
Jim
(12-05-2020, 06:47 PM)Llew Wrote: Yes we have. It'll be interesting to see how the E8OM-TC stacks up against the E10OM-TC. Not apples to apples but it never seems to be? I'll make sure to post up when I receive it. And again...thanks for having me here!

It'll be like comparing beer to wine, or blondes to brunettes. Lol.
2020 Eastman E8OM-TC
2023 Eastman E2D
Hi, Jim.  A belated welcome to the EGF!  We've also chatted over on AGF, so it's nice to see you here.  Looking forward to hearing how the Sitka TC compares with your Adi TC models.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
How glossy is the neck? It's listed as satin but in my experience Eastman's satin is still pretty sticky.
Just picked up my E8OM-TC. I really like it a lot. I haven't had enough time with it yet that I want to comment at length but just a couple of observations...not complaints. The case is not as nice as the E10/E20 models nor would I necessarily expect it to be. It's certainly adequate and I'm sure will work it just fine. The pick guard is a little thick and I may change it out. Would prefer it to be beveled. Not a big deal just a nice touch. The bracing isn't as finished as the E10/E20 model and again, I wouldn't necessarily expect it to be but I did notice it. The TC top is very nice tight grained Sitka and the back is a very nice piece of EIR. Raymond @ AMW set it up for me and it's perfect right out of the box. I have a K&K Mini and will be taking it to my luthier to do the install. Overall, for the very short time I've had it I'm very pleased. As I said earlier...these items mentioned above are no more than observations and personal preferences. I truly believe this guitar is a fine instrument and I will play it regularly. As to the difference in tone between this one and my E20D-TC (not exactly apple to apples?) the Sitka TC top seems a bit more smooth in it's response...not more subtle. It sounds more played in to me than the Adirondack and I suppose that shouldn't be a surprise to me or anyone else? It still has a "bite" to it and I'm always amazed at how well the Eastman OM's take to a flatpick with their 24.9" scale length. I think for me Eastman's OM with the TC Sitka is the better choice...especially for finger picking.
Pura Vida and SasquatchLife like this post
Jim
How are you finding the action? The specs say that it should be 3/32 on the bass side at the 12th fret but to my eye (not sure how to measure it) it looks a fair bit more than that on my E8OM-TC.
2023 Eastman E1 OOSS-SB
2022 McNally OM32
2022 Furch Blue OM-CM
???? Cordoba Fusion 12 Natural
I had Raymond @ AMW actually check mine and make it 3/32"-2/32" at the 12th fret so it great. If it doesn't suit you or seems too high just take it to a local shop with a qualified tech and have hime set it up to meet your needs. Not difficult but I never can quite get the action to be exactly where I want it on my own. Best for me to let a professional adjust it.
Pura Vida and Shadow like this post
Jim
(12-09-2020, 03:27 PM)Llew Wrote: I had Raymond @ AMW actually check mine and make it 3/32"-2/32" at the 12th fret so it great. If it doesn't suit you or seems too high just take it to a local shop with a qualified tech and have hime set it up to meet your needs. Not difficult but I never can quite get the action to be exactly where I want it on my own. Best for me to let a professional adjust it.

I wouldn't know where to start with adjusting the action so I'll definitely be getting a proper setup done. Unfortunately my local luthier is currently shielding so I'm not sure when that will be.
DonJmmn and SasquatchLife like this post
2023 Eastman E1 OOSS-SB
2022 McNally OM32
2022 Furch Blue OM-CM
???? Cordoba Fusion 12 Natural