NGD is here: E8OM-TC
Jordan said: "But, for the life of me, I don't know if I can sell my E8D. It's incredible."

Then don't sell it—it sounds to me that will lead to seller's remorse and you'll always be wishing you could go back and time and stop yourself from moving that guitar along to someone else.  Idea
SasquatchLife and Ted like this post
Best, Steve

6 string acoustics: 2018 Eastman E10D (Red Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 Eastman E6D-TC (Alpine Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 AC522CE - GB (European Spruce/Mahogany)
Electric guitar: 1964 Guild Starfire V semi-hollow electric
Acoustic Bass: Epiphone El Capitan 5 String Acoustic/Electric Fretless (Year ?)
YouTube: sleighwriter
(11-16-2020, 03:42 AM)Ted Wrote: Yes to your remarks about the sound coming from your TC top.
I've read reviews that characterized the sound as "dry, light, airy". Perhaps different torrified tops all have their own sonic characteristics just like non TC tops because I certainly would not describe the tone coming out of my E8OM TC that way. More like "Grand Piano".
I'm glad you were able to keep yours after all the dust settled. Congrats!

Thank you! I would agree with you in that my TC top sounds more like a grand piano than dry, light, and airy. And maybe the TC tops that have more of those sonic characteristics were hog b/s? I too have seen the dry, light, and airy describing a rosewood TC though.

(11-16-2020, 06:31 AM)sleigh Wrote: Jordan said: "But, for the life of me, I don't know if I can sell my E8D. It's incredible."

Then don't sell it—it sounds to me that will lead to seller's remorse and you'll always be wishing you could go back and time and stop yourself from moving that guitar along to someone else.  Idea

Thanks for the advice. I agree with you. My dilemma is this though. I'm going to start playing guitar at my church, and I'd prefer a hog since it sounds easier with a pickup than rosewood. At least in my experience since the hog has way less overtones and reverb. I didn't know i was going to be playing at my church until after I sold my E6OM lol.

So, I could just keep the E8D and buy another hog b/s, but me and my wife are trying to buy a house and I don't think she'd go for me spending another $600 to $1000. I gave thought about just buying a cheaper laminate b/s for church , but I'm so spoiled by the all solid wood sound now.

At any rate, it's a good problem to have lol.
sleigh likes this post
2020 Eastman E8OM-TC
2023 Eastman E2D
Jordan --

You might be overthinking this a bit. I have K&K Pure Mini pickups in all my Eastmans, and I've played them all in live situations through a PA (and on solo gigs I've always used one rosewood guitar and one hog). Yeah, a hog guitar can cut through somewhat better, but a rosewood guitar still sounds very nice—and a good PA mixer will have tone controls on each channel to fine-tune the sound. I think your E8D or E8OM-TC would work just fine at your church. Why not take them over to whomever runs the PA there, have them set up a mic, and see how they sound. If you put a K&K Pure Mini or Schatten HFN in a guitar, it should sound very similar to its micced sound.
SasquatchLife and Pura Vida like this post
Best, Steve

6 string acoustics: 2018 Eastman E10D (Red Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 Eastman E6D-TC (Alpine Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 AC522CE - GB (European Spruce/Mahogany)
Electric guitar: 1964 Guild Starfire V semi-hollow electric
Acoustic Bass: Epiphone El Capitan 5 String Acoustic/Electric Fretless (Year ?)
YouTube: sleighwriter
(11-16-2020, 09:05 AM)sleigh Wrote: Jordan --

You might be overthinking this a bit. I have K&K Pure Mini pickups in all my Eastmans, and I've played them all in live situations through a PA (and on solo gigs I've always used one rosewood guitar and one hog). Yeah, a hog guitar can cut through somewhat better, but a rosewood guitar still sounds very nice—and a good PA mixer will have tone controls on each channel to fine-tune the sound. I think your E8D or E8OM-TC would work just fine at your church. Why not take them over to whomever runs the PA there, have them set up a mic, and see how they sound. If you put a K&K Pure Mini or Schatten HFN in a guitar, it should sound very similar to its micced sound.

Okay, perfect I'll go ahead and give that a shot. And yes, I'm a classic over-thinker no doubt. Thanks for the suggestion.
2020 Eastman E8OM-TC
2023 Eastman E2D
Well, I've had this thing for about a week now, and I'm absolutely BLOWN AWAY by this guitar. Wow is all I can say. If any of you are interested in the E8OM-TC, please don't hesitate and go buy one!
Pura Vida likes this post
2020 Eastman E8OM-TC
2023 Eastman E2D
I'll second that- the more I play my E8OM-TC the happier I am. If someone is interested in an OM size guitar this would should do the trick.
SasquatchLife, Pura Vida, sleigh like this post
Eastman E8OM-TC
Eastman PCH OM3-Koa
Eastman E6 D (with Herringbone Trim)

4 Fender Strats
Fender Tele
Gibson Les Paul Classic Premium Plus Faded Honeyburst
Gibson ES335 (dubious provenance) Sunburst
Gibson ES335 Custom (ditto) Burgundy
PRS SE Custom 24 Sunburst
PRS Custom 22 (dubious) Red Quilted top
PRS Custom 24 (dubious) Black Flamed Maple- my favorite electric guitar to play
D'Angelico D steel string Acoustic Electric
Esteve Model 8 Classical
Esteve Model 11 Classical
Yamaguchi Classical
Masaki Sakurai Model 15 Classical
Blueridge steel strings- BR160A, BR163, BR40, BR180

I fall more in love with this guitar with each day that passes. I can't say enough about how impressed I am. This TC top makes a significant difference IMHO. The tone out of this thing still amazes me. I mean this when I say it, but I could have paid double or nearly triple what I paid and still been just as happy. What an incredible guitar. If anyone is interested in this model, I HIGHLY recommend it. Not only is it PERFECT for fingerstyle, but it's honestly great at blues licks and bluegrass runs. Maybe it's the short scale vs the long scale on my E8D, but I prefer this OM for blues playing.

On top of superb tone and playability, the sustain truly blows me away. And this thing rumbles when I play it, or I can feel it it my chest/gut. I get that with my E8D too, but this OM is even better which is kind of a shock if you ask me.

I'm still blown away by the overall depth of sound, and how much bass it has. I previously owned a E6OM which I did love, but it just never produced the bass and low end that I desired. This thing exceeds it.

Simply a flawless guitar in my eyes.
Pura Vida likes this post
2020 Eastman E8OM-TC
2023 Eastman E2D
Likewise- my E8 OM-TC is hunkering it's way into my heart as perhaps my favorite acoustic steel string ever. 
Joy.
What strings do you have on yours Jordan ? I have Musician's Gear 80/20 bronze 12's on mine- they set me back $2.50 but the guitar is worth it.  Big Grin (they were what I had on hand at the time)
SasquatchLife likes this post
Eastman E8OM-TC
Eastman PCH OM3-Koa
Eastman E6 D (with Herringbone Trim)

4 Fender Strats
Fender Tele
Gibson Les Paul Classic Premium Plus Faded Honeyburst
Gibson ES335 (dubious provenance) Sunburst
Gibson ES335 Custom (ditto) Burgundy
PRS SE Custom 24 Sunburst
PRS Custom 22 (dubious) Red Quilted top
PRS Custom 24 (dubious) Black Flamed Maple- my favorite electric guitar to play
D'Angelico D steel string Acoustic Electric
Esteve Model 8 Classical
Esteve Model 11 Classical
Yamaguchi Classical
Masaki Sakurai Model 15 Classical
Blueridge steel strings- BR160A, BR163, BR40, BR180

(11-25-2020, 03:31 AM)Ted Wrote: Likewise- my E8 OM-TC is hunkering it's way into my heart as perhaps my favorite acoustic steel string ever. 
Joy.
What strings do you have on yours Jordan ? I have Musician's Gear 80/20 bronze 12's on mine- they set me back $2.50 but the guitar is worth it.  Big Grin (they were what I had on hand at the time)

Ted, I agree. I think it's my favorite steel string overall as well. You know, I've been wondering which strings are on mine. I bought mine from The Acoustic Shoppe, and I am about 99.9% positive that they took off the D'Addarios and replaced them with something else. I've been meaning to contact them to figure out which strings they are because I really like them. They aren't coated which I like. I'm going to reach out to them today and see what they say. I'll report back.
Ted and Pura Vida like this post
2020 Eastman E8OM-TC
2023 Eastman E2D
I messaged the Acoustic Shoppe and they said my guitar still had the D'Addario EJ 16's. So, guess I was talking out of my butt. The strings on my E8OM-TC feel completely different than the ones on the E6OM I bought earlier in the year. Those strings had a squeaky sound at times.

But anyways, I guess these are D'Addario EJ 16's.

Happy Thanksgiving
Ted likes this post
2020 Eastman E8OM-TC
2023 Eastman E2D