Bourgeois Touchstone First Look
We got to spend some time with the new Touchstone guitars at the Eastman Pomona facility. These guitars are going to be special.

https://youtu.be/VZqqxPuvZQc
Zissou Intern, DonJmmn, Pura Vida, AlanSam, Winfielder like this post
I commented on the other thread but probably better suited here - good video and thanks for sharing!  Would love your thoughts on this model vs traditional Eastman.
Pura Vida likes this post
Same! Where is this in relation to Eastman and Bourgeois?
Those sound and look fantastic.  Of course, with Chapboogie playing them, I'm not surprised!  I'd love to get a chance to see one in person.  I'm a big fan of both brands, so I think this is a very cool collaboration.
Treenewt,

2018 Larrivee OM-03
2020 Eastman E8OM-TC
2019 Eastman E2D-CD

The Wading Pool 

Really considering a Bourgeois 12 fret Coupe as a long(ish) term goal but would consider the Touchstone based on price and depending on how they sound.

My fear is that they sound too much like a traditional Eastman to justify the extra price.

Time and my ears will tell though.

Just thinking out loud.
================================
Always do the easy and cheap thing first.
================================
Those guitars sound very nice, but then so do the traditional Eastmans. I'll wait to hear a decent comparison and review.
Pura Vida and TTiimm like this post
Best, Steve

6 string acoustics: 2018 Eastman E10D (Red Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 Eastman E6D-TC (Alpine Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 AC522CE - GB (European Spruce/Mahogany)
Electric guitar: 1964 Guild Starfire V semi-hollow electric
Acoustic Bass: Epiphone El Capitan 5 String Acoustic/Electric Fretless (Year ?)
YouTube: sleighwriter
(06-09-2022, 08:24 AM)Meathead Wrote: I commented on the other thread but probably better suited here - good video and thanks for sharing!  Would love your thoughts on this model vs traditional Eastman.

They are two different guitars. These definitely sound like a Bourgeois. If you’re looking for a budget friendly version of an heirloom model, this should be on your list. It makes sense, since they are braced and voiced as such. They also have that same neck profile.

If you like more of the Eastman sound, definitely consider the new MR models.

John
sleigh, Winfielder, DonJmmn, Pura Vida, DukeS like this post
I haven't seen prices. As a collaboration, if this yields relatively affordable guitars, it's exciting. Bourgeois has high standards and excellent designs and build standards, and Eastman is executing work beautifully. Could be win-win. That being said, I'm not looking for anything my own Eastman doesn't deliver, and I sold of my Collings because I wasn't using it! So... unlikely to be a buyer.
sleigh likes this post
I'm tempted to get one of these, but it's a lot of money, especially compared to an E8D (the corresponding traditional Eastman with sitka/EIR).

I bought my E8D used in excellent condition with a K&K Pure Mini for just $800, and it plays and sounds like a million bucks.  It's hard for me to imagine how a sitka/EIR guitar could sound much better than my E8D, so it's hard to commit $3,000 to a Touchstone model.

Eastmans are such a good value that it makes the decision calculus hard when presented with a choice like:

A) a shiny new Touchstone dread for $3k
or
B) a veritable army of used traditional models in excellent condition (for example, I paid $3k combined for an E8D, E10D, and E40D)

Of course, what I ought to do is choose Option C and invest that $3k into private lessons, because the weak link in my playing is definitely me, not my guitars...
DonJmmn, Pura Vida, TomC, sleigh, Glory like this post
Of course, what I ought to do is choose Option C and invest that $3k into private lessons, because the weak link in my playing is definitely me, not my guitars...

Amen! My guitar purchases and progress mimics my golf game. I benefited a lot more from lessons than I would have from a new Ping, Callaway or Taylor Made $500 driver. Now if I can just keep reminding myself that and stop buying and selling guitars. Heaven knows my current playing limitations have nothing to do with the instrument(s).
Winfielder, Zissou Intern, sleigh, Pura Vida like this post
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. John Lennon

Current stable - prone to frequent changes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bourgeois Touchstone Signature DB SasquatchLife 2 945 02-02-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: TomC
  E20D vs. E20DMR-TC vs. Bourgeois Touchstone Vintage 1 Chapboogie 2 1,508 01-08-2023, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Aahzz