Bourgeois Touchstone First Look
John: I enjoy the Acoustic Shoppe's YouTube videos. You and Jeremy are fantastic musicians. I admire you both; your tone and fluidity is exceptional. I am looking forward to playing a Touchstone.
AlanSam and Pura Vida like this post
(08-18-2022, 02:56 PM)Chapboogie Wrote: We are in the Boston airport getting ready to fly home from Maine where we spent 4days playing and videoing instruments including the Touchstone guitars and new Bourgeois Mandolins. We have our first ones on the way now and will be filming in the studio next week both the OM and Dread versions as well as a bunch of sneak peaks at 4 new Eastman Models. Some amazing stuff coming out of Lewiston, ME.

I'm curious about the Touchstones, but even more curious about the new Eastman models!!
AlanSam likes this post
So I just played one of these:

Initial thoughts.  When picked up it has the weight of an Eastman (not a featherweight Collings).  The fretwork and finish were absolutely fantastic.  I played it next to an E8OM-TC that was the closest thing easily at hand.  The neck had a very slight V and felt a little wider than a standard Eastman OM.

The Touchstone had slightly more clarity and maybe a little more note separation than the E8.  Both were set up similarly and had fine playability.  I preferred the neck on the E8 from years of habit.  This Touchstone had a great looking top with a lot of silking.  Overall it was a great OM, but not enough better than my Eastmans to need to purchase one (until I hold an E20OM-TC-MR at least.)  

Nice to finally see one of these in stock!

[Image: I60XmLb.jpg]

[Image: rn4BXd6.jpg]
Aahzz, AlanSam, Pura Vida like this post
Glad to see these arriving.  They seem like great guitars, and I hope they are wildly successful.  But I play the ROI game, and for me, the marginal benefits don't justify the 2x price difference.  But that's also why I play Eastman and not Martin CS, Collings, Bourgeois, etc. (all brands that I like and respect).
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
Wink 
I just pulled the trigger on a 2022 Bourgeois D Vintage/TS Touchstone acoustic guitar (HD-28 Style). I saw it on Reverb "Used - Excellent" for $2000. I just couldn't pass it up! This is part of the long-awaited first shipment of dreadnought guitars from the partnership between Bourgeois and Eastman. There are two excellent YouTube video reviews; one from Teja Gerken of Acoustic Nation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQnwTjhmuA4

and one from John and Jeremy from The Acoustic Shoppe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KtyZn1VJ8Q

I'll be giving a full report on my experiences with this guitar in a month or so. God bless and happy pickin'!
Winfielder, Pura Vida, DukeS, AlanSam like this post
Congrats!  Can't wait to get your impressions on the Touchstone.
sleigh likes this post
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
Congratulations cpmpacj, really looking forward to your review!
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
Ditto, cpmpacj. I'll be interested in hearing your thoughts on the Touchstone vs. 'classic' Eastmans.
Best, Steve

6 string acoustics: 2018 Eastman E10D (Red Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 Eastman E6D-TC (Alpine Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 AC522CE - GB (European Spruce/Mahogany)
Electric guitar: 1964 Guild Starfire V semi-hollow electric
Acoustic Bass: Epiphone El Capitan 5 String Acoustic/Electric Fretless (Year ?)
YouTube: sleighwriter
Congratulations on the Touchstone purchase!

As with the others, I am looking forward to your review.

Enjoy!

Rod
Wow! Two grand for a Dana voiced top!
These are truly Bourgoius guitars
These Touchstone Bourgoius guitars, well the three I have played, have a very distinct sound.
Very impressive.
I can’t find out exactly which parts of the construction are done where.
I know that the tops are braced and tuned by Dana. And the rest of the wood set F or each guitar is picked by him. They are then assembled by specialty trains Luther’s at Eastman
But as to where the guitar is finished (painted) and the neck attached is not known to me.
I heard Dana got a state of the art paint facility in Main as part of his deal with Eastman
And as far as the 3k price- a Martin D-28 new will set you back $3,149 guitar is well over 5k.
Two thousand is a real deal. .
And the lowest priced new Bourgoius
Eastman
2016 E40d
2021 E6D-TC Alpine Swiss top
Martin
2003 D41 Special
2003 D18
1998 SPD-16R
1970 0018
Gibson
2016 J-15
1965 J-50 ADJ
Laravie
1991 Larivee C-09
Taylor
2000 810B LOTF
2000 410MACE LOTF
2000 310kce LOTF

11 Alvarez Yairi

Many many others

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bourgeois Touchstone Signature DB SasquatchLife 2 945 02-02-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: TomC
  E20D vs. E20DMR-TC vs. Bourgeois Touchstone Vintage 1 Chapboogie 2 1,508 01-08-2023, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Aahzz