Bourgeois Touchstone First Look
It's never easy to make such a decision, and it's different for everyone.  For some, the price difference may be worth it, and it may be considered a bargain compared to a traditional Bourgeois at $6k or more.  For me, I will stick with the Eastman models, which I think are great values, even with the recent price increases.  That being said, I don't mind spending a little extra for the premium or TC models b/c I think that Eastman charges a reasonable up-charge for these models, compared to other brands.  But others would stick with the standard models, and that's perfectly fine too.
SneakyDeaky, AlanSam, TomC, Winfielder, Glory, DukeS, sleigh like this post
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
+1 for what Brian said!
Pura Vida likes this post
Best, Steve

6 string acoustics: 2018 Eastman E10D (Red Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 Eastman E6D-TC (Alpine Spruce/Mahogany); 2021 AC522CE - GB (European Spruce/Mahogany)
Electric guitar: 1964 Guild Starfire V semi-hollow electric
Acoustic Bass: Epiphone El Capitan 5 String Acoustic/Electric Fretless (Year ?)
YouTube: sleighwriter

AlanSam and Pura Vida like this post
(08-18-2022, 03:02 AM)Mitch Wrote:

In case anyone else wanted the comparison with him and and Eastman OM:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r3MYYr9...IanMeadows
AlanSam likes this post
Well... to my ear, the Touchstone guitar sounds pretty awesome.  Playing in person, of course, is the best way to make the final call, but sounds pretty darn good to me.

Thanks for sharing!
Pura Vida, AlanSam, Winfielder, Zissou Intern like this post
Based only on Ian Meadows' demos, I'd say the Touchstone is the best sounding Eastman OM yet. Just more presence or depth to the notes. Also, good to see the scale length is 25.5!
Zissou Intern and AlanSam like this post
We are in the Boston airport getting ready to fly home from Maine where we spent 4days playing and videoing instruments including the Touchstone guitars and new Bourgeois Mandolins. We have our first ones on the way now and will be filming in the studio next week both the OM and Dread versions as well as a bunch of sneak peaks at 4 new Eastman Models. Some amazing stuff coming out of Lewiston, ME.
Pura Vida and AlanSam like this post
(08-18-2022, 02:56 PM)Chapboogie Wrote: We are in the Boston airport getting ready to fly home from Maine where we spent 4days playing and videoing instruments including the Touchstone guitars and new Bourgeois Mandolins. We have our first ones on the way now and will be filming in the studio next week both the OM and Dread versions as well as a bunch of sneak peaks at 4 new Eastman Models. Some amazing stuff coming out of Lewiston, ME.
Tantalizing stuff!
Chapboogie likes this post
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
Thanks Mitch and Vapour!  The Touchstone sounds pretty amazing.  It does seem fuller and more round, which would make sense, if it's voiced or braced differently and has the longer scale.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
(08-18-2022, 02:56 PM)Chapboogie Wrote: We have our first ones on the way now and will be filming in the studio next week both the OM and Dread versions as well as a bunch of sneak peaks at 4 new Eastman Models. Some amazing stuff coming out of Lewiston, ME.

Madagascar models? E6SS-TCs? Inquiring minds want to know. Thanks for the update Chapboogie.
AlanSam and Winfielder like this post
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. John Lennon

Current stable - prone to frequent changes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bourgeois Touchstone Signature DB SasquatchLife 2 945 02-02-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: TomC
  E20D vs. E20DMR-TC vs. Bourgeois Touchstone Vintage 1 Chapboogie 2 1,508 01-08-2023, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Aahzz