t486b new tuners
(01-03-2022, 05:10 AM)Oldjock Wrote: I would definitely recommend the Loctite Blue.

Thanks for your reply Oldjock, if the situation worsens I will try your fix, but I am talking about a brand new Eastman E1OM acoustic guitar. Should these guitars be leaving the factory in this condition..?. My main question is why have a hexagon nut in the assembly when there is no thread to tighten in the tuner assembly bushing, (it is only a pressed in fit) it allows for the possibility of someone using a wrench on the nut and tearing out the bush from the headstock.

Best Regards
Alan M
Alan it's decorative is the only thing I can think of , I actually have a few the same way.

Jimmy I looked at those machine tuners , looks like $75. I might beat you to it lol if I do I'll post a pic . Actually trying to find a local store that has them today to hold them to see the fit ?
(01-02-2022, 08:08 PM)Zeiss Wrote: Oh so sorry jock I miss read . Don't know how I came up with super glue lol .
I've never used loctite on a guitar before . I have used on machinery , for guitar what strength ( color ) do you recommend ?

Loctite produce a range of adhesives including superglue (one of the first in fact) - which I have used. As Oldjock said they also produce threadlockers which tighten/stiffin screw actions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loctite
Zeiss likes this post
Alan
''Bad company done got me here …'' - Rev Gary Davis
I’d use white glue to slightly reduce the diameter of the whole, then press in the bushings after the glue is dry.

I’d also post questions about E1OM in the acoustic guitar forum.
Zeiss and Pura Vida like this post
(01-03-2022, 08:58 PM)tele_player Wrote: I’d use white glue to slightly reduce the diameter of the whole, then press in the bushings after the glue is dry.

I’d also post questions about E1OM in the acoustic guitar forum.

I'm sorry about the wrong location - I did not realise, I just joined a post relating to Guitar tuners and being unfamiliar to the site it seems I am in the wrong place. I have deleted my post

Alan
Alan it was a Good topic, I don't think you needed to delete it . maybe move it ? If you couldn't just move it the explanation was enough I bet ?

I post in the wrong place now and then , everyone does
Hi Zeiss,

I kind of learnt my way around and put some further information on the Acoustic forum page, 

Thanks for replying
Alan
Zeiss likes this post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  T486B-SB Bigsby Tuning Issue Jstay0 1 122 04-10-2024, 06:11 AM
Last Post: sleigh
  T486B New Guitar But Electronics Intermittent roycarver2706 4 1,189 02-13-2023, 07:55 AM
Last Post: DonHess
  The new T486B arrived Rad 18 5,572 09-10-2019, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Rad