T59v Relic neck finish
I’ve returned the guitar but intend to find a dealer where I can try a few more out before I buy again. I may have to look at the T486  as well, maybe the relic thing isn’t for me.
Lukew and sleigh like this post
My t59v has nicely done relicing on the body and metal parts but the neck is completely smooth and with the finish, feels fantastic…
AlanSam likes this post
(06-08-2023, 09:32 AM)AlanSam Wrote: I've never seen an Eastman /V distressed down to the bare wood which is what this one looks to be. But as Luke suggests  - each to their own.

I agree Alan, if it is distressed down to the bare wood.  I didn't get that impression, but it is hard to tell from the photos.  The other thing I was wondering was, if it wasn't manufactured that way, how did those marks get there?  It doesn't look like short term wear and tear.
AlanSam likes this post
(06-11-2023, 07:15 PM)Brmr Wrote: My t59v has nicely done relicing on the body and metal parts but the neck is completely smooth and with the finish, feels fantastic…

… so do mine!
AlanSam likes this post
My T59/V has relic marks on the neck but not very many, not as many as shown in the pictures from the OP, and honestly from playing I could not tell they were there. They are kind of "under" the finish. I suspect like others here that these marks are as manufactured, but the bottom line is, if it distracts you from playing an otherwise great instrument, that's a problem.
(06-08-2023, 09:32 AM)AlanSam Wrote: I've never seen an Eastman /V distressed down to the bare wood which is what this one looks to be. But as Luke suggests  - each to their own.

I just bought a used Cherry T59 and it does have what I consider reliced dings in the back of the neck.  Not very deep and more like "rash".  That being said the guitar reeks of craftsmanship.  I will say that this reminds me greatly of a Heritage 555 that was recently stolen from me. I paid about 1/3 the price of a used 555.
AlanSam likes this post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Opinions on Relic'd look from the factory? - Eastman SB59 Meathead 35 9,950 09-22-2020, 11:38 AM
Last Post: BarnsleyBoy