SB59 serial number
Hi all,

I recently bought an Eastman SB59, and I was quite surprised to find that the serial number is not on the back of the headstock where you might expect it to be, but is simply printed onto a sticker on the back of the cover over the electronics on the back of the guitar. 

Why did they do this? It would be such a simple matter to fake a serial number by copying the sticker and then moving it onto some cheap chibson.
Rideon likes this post
Zedhex, welcome to the EGF.  I couldn't answer that, but I think the difference in quality between the Eastman and a knock-off brand would be apparent.  Also, Eastman is pretty small, so while I'm sure someone can duplicate any brand, I'd expect them to go someone bigger than Eastman.
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young
Congratulations on the SB59 & welcome to the EGF.

Most guitar builders don't tie the Ser# to the neck, some do.  CFM lasers the ser# on the neck block before the guitar is built.  It's an ages old problem of when/where in the build process to assign the Ser#.  On Eastman archtops the Ser# is placed on the inside back wood and can be seen through the f-hole.  dunno what's the best place for an SB59.  Eastman Ser#s are assigned when they go into finished goods or time of shipment.

bert
That is an amazing guitar I have to say congrats. I have to say that I always wanted a guitar like that. I remember my dad used to have it and he actually had it engraved with a special number that meant something really important to him. It has been his lucky charm. Recently I decided to read more about the number and I came across this article: https://www.sunsigns.org/angel-number-1222-meaning/  I hope that it will be useful to you guys.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  serial number AR910 malvax 4 2,130 04-01-2023, 03:41 AM
Last Post: ACWATERCOLORS
  Eastman Unable to Find Serial Number Info? ahyeg 4 3,746 11-09-2021, 12:24 PM
Last Post: otherjonstewart
  Production Date From Serial Number ftwlouie 4 3,077 06-05-2020, 01:33 PM
Last Post: ftwlouie